Outlook 2010 - an error occurred while calling the callback: "Ribbon GetDCVisible"

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JohnRiddle

Often (more than 50% of the time), when the pop-up that occurs when a new message arrives (down by the task bar), I get the following message: 'an error occurred while calling the callback: " Ribbon GetDCVisible" '. After I click " OK" , the message opens (apparently) fine. But these messages that occur every time I try to open a message from the alert by the task bar are very annoying. Can someone tell me what's going on?

Thanks

John

E

Ezil Vinoth

Check in Outlook safe mode.

Hold the control key and click on Outlook icon and open in safe mode, now check with Outlook. If you are able to work without any issues and if you do not get the error message then it is due to add-ins you were not able to open. Follow the steps below and disable add-ins (One-by-one) in Outlook 2010.

1. Open Outlook

2. Click on File> options> Add-ins

3. Click on "GO" beside Manage – COM Add-ins and uncheck the add-ins and click ok.

4. Close and open Outlook and check to open add-ins

If the above step does not fix the issue, follow the link and create a new profile in Outlook and check.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829918

M

Martin.watson

Did this, Error message disappear, but now BCM is not working anymore and can't get it to work again. Even tried to re-install it.

E

Ezil Vinoth

Enable only the BCM add-in and check.

1. Open Outlook

2. Click on File> options> Add-ins

3. Click on "GO" beside Manage – COM Add-ins and check the add-in for BCM and click Ok.

4. Close and restart Outlook.

Status
Not open for further replies.