Where's my old files?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kramer

I downloaded a trial version of Office 2010 and it took over my Outlook Express. I don't want to run my e mail through Office and I can't see my old e mail files. How do I switch it back?

Brian Tillman

This just isn't true. Installing Office 2010 does not remove anything from Outlook Express. If you want to use Outlook Express, then use it. Nothing stops you from doing that.
----------------------------

K

Kramer

I can open Outlook, but my old files are all gone. It's like a new version of Outlook took ovre and deleted my old files. I don't want to run my Outlook through Office, I want to run it on it's own.

K

Kramer

Does anyone have any input on this?

The problem isn't Outlook Express, it's that Office has hijacked my old Outlook program and now I can't find my old Outlook files.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange

Does anyone have any input on this?

The problem isn't Outlook Express, it's that Office has hijacked my old Outlook program and now I can't find my old Outlook files.

Are you using Outlook or Outlook Express? They are two different programs, with 2 different message stores.

K

Kramer

I was using Outlook Express, but when I downloaded the trial version of Office 2010, my e mail started opening in Outlook. What can I do to change back to Outlook Express? I uninstalled the trial version of Office 2010, but that didn't change anything re my e mail.

D

Dj Hab

Click Start > Run > msimn and hit Enter

Do you see Outlook Express opening?

K

Kramer

So I selected "Make Outlook Express my default" and now it's opening the way I want it to and I see all of my old files. Do I need to do anything else?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I was using Outlook Express, but when I downloaded the trial version of Office 2010, my e mail started opening in Outlook. What can I do to change back to Outlook Express? I uninstalled the trial version of Office 2010, but that didn't change anything re my e mail.
Go to Control panel, Internet options, Programs tab and set OE as the default mail client. When you open it, it will download your mail. If Outlook was uninstalled its not getting your mail.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
So I selected "Make Outlook Express my default" and now it's opening the way I want it to and I see all of my old files. Do I need to do anything else?Nope, that should be enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.