Can one account have multiple mailboxes in Exchange 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sivass

We have an application which  is having one exchange account and multiple mailboxes in Exchange 2003. We would like to know the same feature is available in Exchange 2010 also.

Thanks,
Siva

Siva

A

Amit Tank [MVP]

Can you explain bit more about your one account and multiple mailboxes in Exchange 2003? Because an AD account can have only one mailbox in all version of Exchange, an AD account can access multiple mailboxes which are associated with other AD accounts (possibly disabled AD accounts) if it has permission on all of them.

In Exchange 2010, you can create an additional mailbox for AD account which is called Archive Mailbox.

Archiving, Retention, and Discovery

http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/2010/en/us/Archiving-and-Retention.aspx

Amit Tank
MVP: Exchange Server | MCTS: Microsoft Exchange Server 2010, Configuration | MCITP: EMA | MCSA: M
Blog: http://ExchangeShare.WordPress.com | User Group: http:/MUC-UG.org.in

E

Elie Bou Issa

If your question is about having one mailbox configured on many machines, then yes; and to have consistency, you need to configure that account as an Exchange account on all other machines.
Let me know if that was not your question?

Elie B.

M

Michel de Rooij

Since 2007 mailboxes are administered from an Exchange point of view. The answer depends on details. You can't create multiple mailboxes with the same owner. Account - Mailbox is a 1:1 relationship. You can create a mailbox with a related, disabled user account and configure permissions for the owner, i.e.
1. Create a User Mailbox with an account
2. Disable the account
3. Rightclick the mailbox and manage Send As Permissions (if required) and Manage Full Access Permissions to manage access by the owner.
Just curious, why can't you use 1 mailbox, add aliases (if necessary) and define rules or Search Folders to organize incoming e-mail ?
Michel de Rooij,
MCITP Ent.Msg | MCTS W2008, E2k7Conf | MCSE+Msg2k3 | MCSE+Inet2k3 | Prince2 Fnd | ITIL
I blog on http://eightwone.wordpress.com/ and tweet on http://twitter.com/mderooij

S

Sanjeev Savant

You can create a mailbox with a related, disabled user account and configure permissions for the owner

Is there a limitation in OWA that you can not access the mailbox for your other disabled account?

Sanjeev Savant

CISA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Multiple mailboxes on one Outlook account, one of them shared by two people Using Outlook 5
R How to get the Items object of the default mailbox of a specific account in a multiple account Outlook? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Need to import multiple Outlook files to Office 365 Account Using Outlook 4
B Search Folder for search messages in more than one account and / or multiple PST folders Using Outlook 3
S Multiple Gmail account set up in Outlook 365 Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Outlook, Multiple Accounts and the Default Account New Slipstick.com Articles 4
E "Current View" settings across multiple users on same Exchange 2007 account. Using Outlook 1
C Multiple domains into one email account Using Outlook 1
F Multiple Account Problems Using Outlook 1
C Re: Outlook 2010, Multiple Accounts & Default Account Using Outlook 1
N Removed & then added Hotmail account to Outlook. Now have multiple folders. How do I delete one? Using Outlook 4
A Outlook multiple IMAP account problem Using Outlook 2
D Adding Multiple POP 3 Email Accounts like Gmail, Yahoo Mail To My Hotmail Account Using Outlook 1
T 2010 Outlook multiple IMAPs All named INBOX Need better ID (even OL2003 named Inbox for account name) Using Outlook 3
D Manage multiple e-mail account with rules Using Outlook 3
A Make an account for multiple users. Using Outlook 3
G Problems setting up gmail account with multiple computers using Outlook (2007 and 2010) Using Outlook 3
L Multiple downloads of emails from Hotmail (Windows Live) account to Outlook Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky Multiple Outgoing servers for an account Using Outlook 0
M Microsoft 365 Outlook keeps requesting password on Local Account Using Outlook 1
E Change sending account depending on Subjectline Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R Auto display of new email does not work on non-default account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
O Email not leaving Outbox when using Excel VBA to sync Outlook account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
D Outlook 2016 Migrate 'On My Computer' (local storage) Calendar from Mac Outlook to Exchange Account Using Outlook 5
Marc2019 Need help please! Cannot Setup my outlook email account on my Mac Outlook 2011 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
W Receiving mail for account that has been deleted Using Outlook 2
M Gmail is not downloading in my outlook account Using Outlook 0
D Outlook 2010 account setup fails in particular domain Using Outlook 3
W Account icons Outlook for Android Using Outlook 1
Marc2019 Setting up an Outlook Account on Mac Os 10.6.8 Outlook 2011 Using Outlook 1
Marc2019 Cannot setup Outlook Account on Mac Os 10.6.8 Using Outlook 3
V Scheduled backup of imap account Using Outlook 7
A Created a new user account and the local account cannot see email Using Outlook 3
R How Can I backup office 365 account? Exchange Server Administration 1
T Cannot connect to main BT email account, sub accts okay Using Outlook 0
RBLampert Assigning a newly (re)created e-mail account to a specific .pst data file Using Outlook 2
Z Account setup on Android Using Outlook 3
D Adding Enterprise Exchange Email Account to Outlook Prevents Sending via Outlook.com Account Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 10
H Custom Signature Not Displayed When Account Selected Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
F Send As a Gmail account via outlook Web Using Outlook 3
X Unable to send an email from one account to another on same PC Using Outlook 2
Z Script to set account? Using Outlook 0
T Outlook changes default account Using Outlook 1
P Account Changes Using Outlook 4
N Copies of emails from rules have wrong from: account Using Outlook 0
S Add Exchange Account as Secondary to Existing PST? Exchange Server Administration 1
M Inbox not showing to deliver new email to this account Using Outlook 3
A Replies being sent from wrong account Using Outlook 8
V Autocomplete not working on new email account Using Outlook 4
W Sending To Wrong Account Using Outlook 15