Two duplicate dial plans that respond differently to faxes and voicemails

• Thread starter twscrb
  • Start date Views 714
T

twscrb

In our Exchange console I created a dial plan so that we could receive faxes into Exchange mailboxes. I created the dial plan, created the hunt group for the IP gateway (AudioCodes), added the dial plan to our UM server and added the fax extension to the user's mailbox. I can now receive faxes into Exchange mailboxes, no problem. I then wanted to create a second dial plan (named accordingly) to allow non-OCS users to have their unanswered PBX(Nortel) calls traverse the IP gateway and then terminate into the user's Exchange mailbox. So, I created a second hunt group for the AudioCodes gateway for 'voicemail' calls. However, even though this second dial plan is basically a duplicate of the first dial plan, unanswered calls get the 'Welcom, You're connected to Microsoft Exchange' message instead of the voicemail greeting. But if I use the dial plan that was created for receiving faxes, those same calls terminate as a voice message in the user's Exchange mailbox. In short, the original dial plan works for either faxes or voice messages but the duplicate does not. And I would like to have 2 separate named "dial plans" so that it's easier to determine their use. Scratching my head on this one.

J

James-Luo

Q: “unanswered calls get the 'Welcom, You're connected to Microsoft Exchange' message instead of the voicemail greeting”

When callee"s phone is not answered, set to DND (Do Not Disturb), or busy, caller get default welcome greeting for subscriber access instead of users" personal greeting for recording messages? And, what happens after the default welcome greeting? Does the caller get recording menu as normal?

And the caller can hear callee"s personal greeting with the first DP (Dial plan) when do the same, can"t he?

James Luo

T

twscrb

Q: “unanswered calls get the 'Welcom, You're connected to Microsoft Exchange' message instead of the voicemail greeting”

When callee"s phone is not answered, set to DND (Do Not Disturb), or busy, caller get default welcome greeting for subscriber access instead of users" personal greeting for recording messages? And, what happens after the default welcome greeting? Does the caller get recording menu as normal?

And the caller can hear callee"s personal greeting with the first DP (Dial plan) when do the same, can"t he?
James Luo

A: Yes

Q: When callee"s phone is not answered, set to DND (Do Not Disturb), or busy, caller get default welcome greeting for subscriber access instead of users" personal greeting for recording messages?
A: Yes

Q: And, what happens after the default welcome greeting? Does the caller get recording menu as normal?
A: The default welcome just repeats and then changes to: "to contact someone press the pound key"

Q: And the caller can hear callee"s personal greeting with the first DP (Dial plan) when do the same, can"t he?
A: Yes. With the original dial plan everything works as expected; all I did for the second dial plan was create it, create a hunt group for that dial plan on the same IP gateway as the original dial plan and then add it to the Unified Messaging server.

J

James-Luo

UM server uses callee ID to look user and the greeting, so please check the diversion info in the SIP header, and see if it"s missing

Please see the posts in this thread

James Luo

T

twscrb

UM server uses callee ID to look user and the greeting, so please check the diversion info in the SIP header, and see if it"s missing

Please see the posts in this thread
James Luo

We know that the diversion information is being passed properly because both calls to fax numbers and calls that go to a user's extension in the PBX and experience a DND or ring-no-answer condition are able to terminate in the user's exchange mailbox using the original dial plan that we created. The problem only exists with the second dial plan that was created which is basically a 'copy' of the first dial plan that works correctly.