Exchange 2003/2010 #550 4.4.7 QUEUE error

• Thread starter Roger007bond
  • Start date Views 4,948
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Roger007bond

I have just installed exchange 2010 in my exsisting echange 2003 network and I am not able to email outside my domain from the exchange 2010 server mailbox only.

The mailbox on the exchange 2010 server can recieve emails from other users outside email addresses but it can not send or reply.

My excahnge 2003 server is my server that the mx record is pointing to and all is well with this server.

I am getting the following error on the exchange 2010 box (#550 4.4.7 QUEUE.Expired; message expired in unreachable destination queue. Reason: A matching connector cannot be found to route the external recipient ##)

Thank You

B

busbar

how did you configured you send connectors?Regards, Mahmoud Magdy

R

Roger007bond

I did not config them. I just installed it. I might have anwser something wrong during the install, not sure.

I trying to get this to route via the exchange 2003 server till I finish the migration.

Thx

B

busbar

have you created routing group connector between the Exchange 2010 and Exchange 2003, what is the output of get-routinggroupconnector cmdlet.Regards, Mahmoud Magdy

R

Roger007bond

Ok here you go , Exchange1 = my new 2010 exchange server W2k4= my old 2003 exchange server

Here is the result of the get routing group command

NAME SOURCE R. G.

Exchange1-w2k exchange R. G. < DWBGZMFDOIQNBJR

W2k4-exchange1 first R.G

TARGET R.G.

First R.G

Exchang R.G < DWBGZMFDOIQNBJR

thx so much

A

Allen Song

Hi,

When sending the Outbound email to the external recipient from Exchange 2010, the self Send connector in Exchange 2010 will be used. Did you create the send connector for Exchange 2010?

Now please run get-sendconnector |fl command in EMS, then post it here.

Thanks

Allen

J

JD Martin

Hi,

I'm having similar symptoms with the following additional data

Installed EX2010 in an existing EX2003 site. Single domain, single site. Inbound SMTP is routed to my EX2003 server.

Installation of EX2010 created default Routing Group connectors, (they appear properly both ways)

I created a test user/mailbox on the 2010 server, moved an additional test mailbox from 2003 to 2010 successfully.

I can send mail from a 2003 mailbox to 2010 mailbox (internal routing across the routing group connector one way)

I can send from external smtp to 2003 or 2010 mailbox (external routing into 2003 smtp host then across routing group connector to 2010)

I CANNOT send mail from a 2010 mailbox to any recipient (2003 mailbox or external SMTP recipient).

As above, all outbound messages wind up in the Unreachable Dest. Queue.

Help!

-Jim

R

Roger007bond

Hi Jim

I had to call microsoft and they setup a temporary send connector on my exchange 2010 server.

Once I finished the migration I re-enabled my default send connector and deleted the microsoft temporary one.

It was unquie to my network and so yours will be also. I wish I had kept the settings as a guide for you but I didn't want to keep any old settings on my new server. Sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.