Exchange 2010 OWA and outlook 2003 not able to access from terminal server after redoing the database.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zack B

Hi everyone.

we have had to create our exchange database after hardware failure and snapshot. so we created a new database and add all the users.

everything is working fine from the clients machine (some staff use their laptops to access the network) rest of them use thinclients via terminal server.

the problem. is the OWA is not accessable. keeps tiring and looks like a timeout. As for the outlook 2003 enables the encryption and still cannot access the exchange 2010 server.

but everything work fine from the workstations without any problem.

hope someone can shed somelight into this problem.

Also new to Exchange 2010.

Regards

Zack
 
Z

Zack B



anyhelp would be appreciated. the issue is only on the terminal server clients, which is part of the domain.

regards

zack
 
J

Jonas Andersson [MCITP]

You have to give us some info about you environment if you want some help :)
Have a look so the cas server / cas array is pointing correct?
get-mailboxdatabase -rpcclientaccessserver
I dont think this is the problem but just in case, have a look at it
And also tell us exactly what you have doneJonas Andersson MCTS: Microsoft Exchange Server 2010, Configuration | MCITP: EMA | MCSE/MCSA Blog: http://www.testlabs.se/blog
 
Z

Zack B



hi Jonas

Thank you for your time.

when i have gave the command get-mailboxdatabase -rpcclientaccessserver

The operation couldn't be performed because object '-rpcclientaccessserver' couldn't be found on 'NWSW003.XXX.XXX.com'.
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: :)) [Get-MailboxDatabase], ManagementObjectNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : 2BC1BABA,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.SystemConfigurationTasks.GetMailboxDatabase

NWSW003 is not the Exchange server, but the SDC server. so i am bit confused this would be happening also.

when use th command [PS] C:\Windows\system32>Get-MailboxDatabase |fl rpcclientaccessserver

RpcClientAccessServer : NWSW002.XXX.XXX.com'

its pointing to the right server. So what am i doing wrong.

current setup below

PDC (single machinew2003-DHCP,DNS,AD) SDC (virtual machinew2003-DNS,AD) Exchange2010 (virtual machine-w2010) Terminal server (virtual machine w-2003)
 
Z

Zack B

hi Jonas

Thank you for your time.

when i have gave the command get-mailboxdatabase -rpcclientaccessserver

The operation couldn't be performed because object '-rpcclientaccessserver' couldn't be found on 'NWSW003.XXX.XXX.com'.
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: :)) [Get-MailboxDatabase], ManagementObjectNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : 2BC1BABA,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.SystemConfigurationTasks.GetMailboxDatabase

NWSW003 is not the Exchange server, but the SDC server. so i am bit confused this would be happening also.

when use th command [PS] C:\Windows\system32>Get-MailboxDatabase |fl rpcclientaccessserver

RpcClientAccessServer : NWSW002.XXX.XXX.com'

its pointing to the right server. So what am i doing wrong.

current setup below

PDC (single machinew2003-DHCP,DNS,AD) SDC (virtual machinew2003-DNS,AD) Exchange2010 (virtual machine-w2010) Terminal server (virtual machine w-2003)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top