Mailbox role installation error

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GROUP7

Hi @ all,

I am experiencing a weird issue when trying to install the mailbox role (besides to CAS and on Exchange 2010 (RTM). The environment is as follows:
- Server 2008 R2 AD DCs, forest level 2008
- Exchange 2007 server with all roles except Unified Messaging (VM with Server 2008 x64)
- Freshly installed VM with Server 2008 R2 for Exchange 2010, all prerequisites installed, CAS/Hub transport/Unified messaging roles installed

The following error occurs at the very beginning of mailbox role installation (ca. 10 secs) (the error message is translated from german):

Mailbox role
Error

Error:
The following error was generated when "$error.Clear(); install-ExsetdataAtom -AtomName SystemAttendant -DomainController $RoleDomainController" was executed: Error with error code "3221686036" and error message "The specified Image file did not contain a resource section."..

Error with error code "3221686036" and error message "The specified Image file did not contain a resource section."

I have already downloaded a fresh copy of the ISO file, but to no avail. I copied the installation files to a local drive and tried the installation from there but it also did not help.

I will try some more and give reply. Did someone else experience this issue and was able to resolve it? What does the error message mean???

Regards,
Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.