Exchange 2010 Archiving and Outlook 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sarath Kumar M

Hi,
Anybody have any idea that any hotfix or patches are available to use Outlook 2007 to view exchange 2010 archive folders.

Regards,

Sarath Kumar M

F

Fazal Muhammad Khan_

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet/35454831/exchange-2010-archive-wit.aspx

http://www.theemailadmin.com/2009/09/is-exchange-server-2010-archiving-a-hit-or-miss/

Question: What archiving capabilities are available in Outlook versions earlier than 2010 e.g. 2003.

Answer: Outlook 2007 and earlier have the native ability to archive to a PST file. If you implement a 3<sup>rd</sup> party solution, then more options are available. To access the Archive Mailbox in Exchange 2010, you will need Outlook 2010 or you will need to use Outlook Web Access in Exchange 2010.(From the horses Mouth )

Links

http://blogs.technet.com/haroldwong/archive/2009/06/19/exchange-server-2010-archiving-and-retention-06-10-09-questions-and-answers-log.aspx

So According to my information It is not there .

S

Sarath Kumar M

Hi Fazal,
Thank you for your reply
Can we expect anything in the nearby future.

Regards,

Sarath Kumar M

F

Fazal Muhammad Khan_

Thank you for your Post Sarath

give me a day i have Emailed on the internal Forum and expect a Reply by day end and than I would update you on there words.

When your Answere is Answered kindly mark the Post as answere on this Forum Thank You

Regards

Fazal M Khan

S

Sarath Kumar M

Hi Fizal,
Thank you for interest in this post.
Defenitely..Awaiting your reply..

Regards,

Sarath Kumar m

F

Fazal Muhammad Khan_

Thank you for Replying Sarath

So far, we do not have an update for Outlook 2007 to make it to be able to access Online Archive Mailbox. Also, I have not heard that we are going to release this update in the future.

If you want you can drop me an Email on fazal2@hotmail.com and keep the Title of the email as

Exchange 2010 Archiving and Outlook 2007

So When Ever i hear about it in Future i would Drop by an email

Regards

Fazal M Khan

I

ibenna [MVP]

I just had a discussion with a client who we are planning to migrate from Domino to Exchange 2010. They recently upgraded to Office 2007 and do not plan on moving to 2010 anytime soon! They have read in the following article that Outlook 2007 supports viewing the archive mailbox from Exchange 2010 and no where does it mention anything about the required hotfix. This documentation is a little misleading and think should be modified.

Addressing E-mail archiving and discovery with Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 White paper

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...-21B1F0C52E43/E2010-Archiving-WhitePaper.docx.

(page 4 footnote)

Is the hotfix for Outlook 2007 still scheduled for next year release?

Thank you, Ibrahim Benna MCSA+Messaging, MCSE+Messaging, MCT, MVP "Did you backup your Information Store Today?!"

I

ibenna [MVP]

PantherFan,

That is correct and I am aware of that fact! The point I was trying to make was that the information in the whitepaper is extremely misleading as it states that Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2007 are required with Exchange 2010 SP1 - This is not correct! You MUST have this hotfix for Outlook 2007 to work and as you mentioned, Microsoft is not releasing it until first half of 2011. I have had a few clients think that they are able to use Outlook 2007 right now to work with Exchange archive mailboxes because of what they read in the whitepaper. If any Microsoft person is reading this, please clarify that a hotfix is required for Outlook 2007 in the white paper!! :)

The Future of Exchange Starts Here: Exchange Server 2010 SP1 Is Now Available http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2010/08/25/455861.aspx

On the link above, it states the following:

" In my April blog announcing the capabilities that are included in SP1, I also announced our plans to introduce an update to Outlook 2007 which enables users to access the Exchange Server 2010 Personal Archive. We are excited to have been able to bring you SP1 so quickly this summer rather than later in the year as we originally forecast. We are still committed to delivering the Outlook 2007 capability and this update will be made available along with a broader set of updates for Outlook in the first half of 2011.

Michael Atalla

August 25, 2010 2:37 PM "
Thank you, Ibrahim Benna MCSA+Messaging, MCSE+Messaging, MCT, MVP "Did you backup your Information Store Today?!"

P

Pantherfan

hehe yea I posted that for the benefit of Fazal, to back up your statment Ibenna, since they marked the question as answered (and their answer didnt match the exchange teams)

P

Pantherfan

I dont see anything in that KB that lists it, are you sure its in there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z Patch / hotfix enable Outlook 2007 to work with Exchange 2010 Archiving Exchange Server Administration 2
J Easy archiving certain message in online archive? Outlook 2010 and exchange 2010 sp1 Exchange Server Administration 5
D Archiving in Exchange 2010 SP1 Exchange Server Administration 1
T Exchange Server 2010 Email Archiving Exchange Server Administration 2
C Exchange 2010 Archiving Exchange Server Administration 5
B Exchange 2010 archiving vs third party Exchange Server Administration 12
Diane Poremsky Organizational Forms Library in Exchange 2010 New Slipstick.com Articles 0
V Recover exchange 2010 edb Exchange Server Administration 2
B Exchange 2010 / Outlook 20070 "client error in synchronization log" Exchange Server Administration 1
T Renaming an Resource in Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 1
P Outlook 2010 MS Exchange Calendar to Android- ical or webdav? Using Outlook 1
Fozzie Bear Outlook 2010 or 2013 Dual Configuration Exchange + IMAP Exchange Server Administration 6
H In Exchange 2010, how to block an email containing an attachment that has foreign characters Exchange Server Administration 1
Digitally Hip Outlook 2010 (32) and Exchange 2010 (sp3) sender info not displaying in Outlook Using Outlook 1
A give User Read Only access to secondary mailbox in Exchange 2010 via AD Exchange Server Administration 1
N Outlook 2010 exchange - auto-move emails from @domain Exchange Server Administration 1
V Outlook 2013 cant stay connected to exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 5
D cleaning up old Exchange 2003 data on Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 2
L Weird Inbox problems Outlook 2010/13 and Exchange Exchange Server Administration 2
R Exchange 2013/Outlook 2010 Slow Startups Exchange Server Administration 8
Z Outlook 2010 client to Exchange ,,,,search not working proparly Exchange Server Administration 0
M First post -help with managing two calendars Outlook 2010 /Exchange 2010 Using Outlook 0
T Outlook INBOX emails gone back 2-3 weeks after Exchange Server 2010 Restart Using Outlook 0
A Exchange 2003 Outlook 2010 64 Bit- AutoDiscover Connection Err - Certificate Exchange Server Administration 9
C Outlook 2010, two exchange mailboxes configured.Unable to see 2ndrymeeting req Using Outlook 2
C Exchange 2010 / Emails received show with display name and not email address Using Outlook 2
P correct public folder migration exchange 2003 to 2010 Exchange Server Administration 1
S Unable to send or reeceive email in new Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 0
A File - Save Attachments does nothing in Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2010 ... Using Outlook 3
B Sharing Multiple Outlook 2010 Calendars (Exchange) Exchange Server Administration 4
P can't set IRM configuration in Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 2
B Using hosted exchange to sync outlook 2010 calendars and contacts to BB Z10 Using Outlook 4
S Outlook 2010/Exchange 2010 Multi Mailboxes (Server unavailable) Using Outlook 6
O outlook 2010, owa, exchange Exchange Server Administration 2
D why do exchange contacts not sync properly from outlook 2011 to outlook 2010 Exchange Server Administration 2
J Exchange 2010 free/busy shows hashmarks in scheduling tab when not organizer Exchange Server Administration 6
C Exchange 2010 - Outlook 2010 - Exchange Server Administration 4
Fozzie Bear Outlook 2010 wont remember Exchange Credentials on log off /shutdown of Win7 Exchange Server Administration 2
T Exchange 2010: 'could not save item' and 'Unknown error' when edit calendars Exchange Server Administration 1
I Shared Contacts in Outlook 2010 and Exchange Server 2010 Using Outlook 4
A emails disappearing from inbox outlook 2010 exchange server 2010 major trouble Exchange Server Administration 6
J OL2003 Public Folder Sync Errors w/ Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 11
B Outlook 2010 won't configure exchange account, 0kb .ost file Exchange Server Administration 5
R Thousand of sync issues on Outlook clients with Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 5
R Create a contacts list on Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 10
T Exchange / Outlook 2010 - How to cancel meetings but retain the calendar entry Using Outlook 4
S Outlook Quick Steps - Exchange 2003 / Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 2
R Sharing Exchange 2010 calendars with people outisde our organization Exchange Server Administration 17
A Exchange 2010 Outlook 2010 and Local Failures sync issue Exchange Server Administration 5
B Exchange 2010 / Outlook 2010 - Group Folder issues Exchange Server Administration 6