Connected Accounts

• Thread starter CrazyMateo
  • Start date Views 651
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CrazyMateo

Hello,

Is it possible to enable Connected Accounts in Exchange 2010? I've traced it down to the MyMailSubscriptions role, but I don't seem to have it. Is there a way to add it and/or enable it?

Thanks.

J

J. Peter Bruzzese

Greetings,

I'm sorry if this isn't helpful but I was unsure what you were looking for. When I searched for Connected Accounts I came across several comments regarding Outlook Web App, Outlook 2010, Live Mail, etc...

I thought this link about OWA might help: http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/cc511377.aspx

But perhaps I am not understanding your questions. Please let us know if I'm on the right track (or if this answers your question) or if we need to do a bit more research about the matter. And be more specific in your question.

Thanks!

J. Peter Bruzzese
Triple-MCSE, MCT, MCITP:Messaging (2K7/2K10)
ExclusivelyExchange.com

J

J. Peter Bruzzese

Ok, excellent... at least we are on the right track.

I just tested this from the client perspective with Outlook 2010 and it works fine (I'm connected to two different Exchange Servers, 2003 and 2007.) That was with no configuration at all involved, just on the client side. I'm going to test it with Outlook 2010 and Exchange 2010 and see if I have a problem, but I don't see why it would be disabled by default. It seems to be a client issue, not a server one. If the client allows for multiple connections what does it matter to the server?

I will have to get back to you once I get time to test this out. Now that we have the ball rolling though and there is some back and forth in here, this will no doubt attract attention for visitors and someone else may have an answer. But I will test this tonight and see if I can get a resolution.

J. Peter

C

CrazyMateo

Sorry, maybe we're not on the same page. My understanding is that "Connected Subscriptions" is a new server side feature in Exchange 2010 that acts like Fetchmail for linux. Namely, it allows a user to configure the server to fetch their mail from another mail subscription and pool it within their Exchange Account. It also lets the user send mail from the email address of their remote subscriptions. Thus, I don't think it is a client issue, but rather a server issue.

Thanks for your help.

J

James-Luo

This is a forum for on-premise exchange related issue. Connected account is the feature in the Outlook Live@Edu, please use Outlook Live forum which would be the best place for this question

James Luo

Status
Not open for further replies.