Exchange OOF / EWS Problem - The user and the mailbox are in different Active Directory sites

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SGrossmann

Hi all,

I've run in a problem with our new Exchange 2010 environment.

All services and remote connections are working proberley except OOF.

If I run the Test with https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/ I'm getting the following error " ErrorInternalServerError: The user and the mailbox are in different Active Directory sites."

If we are working in the office OOF works without any problem, but working through Outlook anywhere failes.

The setup is a two site connection.

Site1: Internet Connected SRVHTCAS01

Site2: No internet connection SRVHTCAS02/SRVHTCAS03 as NLB Cluster and MBX01/MBX02 with DAG

Internal and external URLs are set on all servers.

In Site1: Internal Name is the Servername for all Services and the External URL on the published URL

In Site2: Internal Name is set to the cluster name and External URL is set to $Null

Anybody has an idea what is going wrong?

Regards,

Stefan

J

Joseph M Durnal

Based on your description, I can't see any reason for sending traffic to site1, or for that matter, any reason for having the hub transport and client access role in site1. Send your traffic directly to the client access servers in site2 instead.

Joseph Durnal

S

SGrossmann

Hi Joseph,

sorry, but this would solve the problem for about one week.

We war going to install a mailbox server with mailboxes in site1 and I'd get the same error the other way.

Regards,

Stefan

J

Joseph M Durnal

Makes sense now. Is OWA working correctly? If so, compare the results of get-webservicesvirtualdirectory and get-owavirtualdirectory

Joseph Durnal

A

Allen Song

Hi,

Please post the log of the testing that you did on the website.

Thanks

Allen

G

gigel9999

Hi,

I am having the same problem with EWS CAS Proxy (setting OOF and unable to see free/busy) only via Outlook Anywhere in an identical scenario as described above (2 site/1 internet-facing). Does anyone have an update on this?

Thanks,

Gigel

G

gigel9999

Hi,

it seems this is a known issue and it is being investigated at the moment.

S

SGrossmann

Hi Allen,

I was on leave and on projects the lasts month so I could not do further testing.
For the moment we are setting our OOF through OWA or VPN, the problem is still not solved.

Below you see the Log from https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/
I had to cut the most of the log because I got timeouts while posting.
I only pastet the parts of the failed tests.

Setting and retrieving user OOF settings
ExRCA failed to set and retrieve user Automatic Reply (OOF) settings.
Test Steps
Getting user OOF settings and confirming them against expected values
Failed to retrieve and confirm user OOF settings
Additional Details
ErrorInternalServerError: The user and the mailbox are in different Active Directory sites.
Last EWS request:
<Trace Tag=" EwsRequest" Tid=" 8" Time=" 2010-05-21 15:49:43Z" Version=" 14.01.0160.000" >
<?xml version=" 1.0" encoding=" utf-8" ?>
<soap:Envelope xmlns:xsi=" http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:m=" http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/services/2006/messages" xmlns:t=" http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/services/2006/types" xmlns:soap=" http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" >
<soap:Header>
<t:RequestServerVersion Version=" Exchange2007_SP1" />
<t:TimeZoneContext>
<t:TimeZoneDefinition Id=" Pacific Standard Time" />
</t:TimeZoneContext>
</soap:Header>
<soap:Body>
<m:GetUserOofSettingsRequest>
<t:Mailbox>
<t:Address>user@domain.tld</t:Address>
</t:Mailbox>
</m:GetUserOofSettingsRequest>
</soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>
</Trace>

Last EWS response:
<Trace Tag=" EwsResponse" Tid=" 8" Time=" 2010-05-21 15:49:45Z" Version=" 14.01.0160.000" >
<?xml version=" 1.0" encoding=" utf-8" ?>
<s:Envelope xmlns:s=" http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" >
<s:Body>
<s:Fault>
<faultcode xmlns:a=" http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/services/2006/types" >a:-2146233088</faultcode>
<faultstring xml:lang=" de-DE" >The user and the mailbox are in different Active Directory sites.</faultstring>
<detail>
<m:ErrorCode xmlns:m=" http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/services/2006/messages" >-2146233088</m:ErrorCode>
</detail>
</s:Fault>
</s:Body>
</s:Envelope>
</Trace>

A

Allen Song

Hi,

Thanks for your update.

From the information that you provided, we know that the OOF URL is not returned in the EWS response which states " -2146233088" instead. That should be the known issue for the cross site proxying scenairo.

Until now, it's still being handled in Product Team.

Thanks

Allen

C

Casper Pieterse

This might be a shot in the dark, but did you move your CAS servers between AD sites or renamed your AD Site since the CAS servers where installed?

Casper Pieterse, Principle Consultant - UC, Dimension Data South Africa, Microsoft Certified Master: Exchange 2007

S

SGrossmann

Hi Casper,

no, none of the machines was moved between sites.
They where all installed in the site they are now.

Regards,

Stefan

B

Barlow

Hi All,

Same Issue here, 1 week debugging, checking certs, iis logs...... (Exchnage 2010 , DAG and CAS Array at each site)

Call logged with MS, Know Bug with CAS-CAS Proxy of OOF request across AD Sites, Currently going through process of

having a bug fix request, advised this could be in SP1 as not planned to back port fix to RTM, current workaround is to use OWA OOF,

cheers

mark

Barlow

B

BradATL

I'm experiencing the exact same issue. This is affecting our ability to use the Scheduling Assistant in Outlook 2007 because Free/Busy is not available for users in the other site.

Besides using OWA is there a workaround? This cross-site thing has become a real hassle...thinking of just moving thigns back to single site.

-Brad

B

Barlow

Update from MS: This will be fixed in SP1, However we did get an Interm Fix recieved from MS, Sorry unable to share due to MS Partner Agreement etc.. You will need to place a call with MS to get the Fix which is relevant to each Update Roll-Up.

Barlow

Barlow

J

John Strachan

Did anyone manage to confirm that this is resolved in SP1?

Thanks

John

C

consumedsoul

Update from MS: This will be fixed in SP1, However we did get an Interm Fix recieved from MS, Sorry unable to share due to MS Partner Agreement etc.. You will need to place a call with MS to get the Fix which is relevant to each Update Roll-Up.

Barlow
Barlow Does anyone know if this was addressed via a RU update by chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Re: Exchange OOF / EWS Problem - The user and the mailbox are in different Active Directory sites Exchange Server Administration 0
C Change language of Out of Office (OOF) Subject Line in Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 3
O Outlook 2007 & Exchange 2010 - OOF not working Exchange Server Administration 11
L Exchange 2010 and OOF Exchange Server Administration 2
R OOF Not working Exchange 2007/Server 2008 Using Outlook 13
P Exchange 2010 OOF Simply not working Exchange Server Administration 18
A Ol16 desktopT suddenly can't connect with Exchange Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 5
T How can Exchange be configured to sync/push one-way so that the server data can't be affected Exchange Server Administration 0
E How to display "Change Folder" in Change Default Email Delivery Location in Exchange Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2016 Moving IMAP emails to Exchange Using Outlook 1
L How to Import Exchange OST file into Outlook? Using Outlook 3
O Outlook 365 Exchange .ost within Personal Vaul Using Outlook 0
D Outlook 2016 Migrate 'On My Computer' (local storage) Calendar from Mac Outlook to Exchange Account Using Outlook 5
A .restrict results changing after moving to Exchange online Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Can Exchange Admin Center create a pst for users email/contacts/calendar? Exchange Server Administration 0
S Messages moved / deleted by auto-archive are not synchronized to exchange Exchange Server Administration 8
llama_thumper Setting up forwarders on Exchange server Exchange Server Administration 0
D Importing Outlook Categories from another domain (Exchange 2016/Outlook 2016) Using Outlook 4
M WMI query for Get Disk IO performance in exchange Exchange Server Administration 0
B Outlook 2013/Exchange 2013 - Conf Rooms not fully booking "resolved conflict" meetings Using Outlook 3
D Adding Enterprise Exchange Email Account to Outlook Prevents Sending via Outlook.com Account Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 10
O Benefits of Exchange over IMAP and why would I choose Exchange? Using Outlook 2
F Delete/create/reset Exchange mailbox on Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
A Prevent connection to Public Folders on Exchange? Exchange Server Administration 3
S Add Exchange Account as Secondary to Existing PST? Exchange Server Administration 1
S Adding new Exchange (2016) rule very slow down Microsoft Outlook Exchange Server Administration 0
CWM030 A quick question for Diane about Exchange Exchange Server Administration 2
G How to have domain client use owa server instead of exchange server while connect to network Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2016 message content does not display - outlook.com; exchange Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 9
C Filter/Search emails sent to internal Exchange address only Using Outlook 2
B Copy/Move Exchange inbox to Pop inbox Using Outlook 4
Fozzie Bear Correct Method to set up Outlook.com accounts as Exchange Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 7
P AutoArchive exchange folder to exchange folder Using Outlook 1
J Syncing notes between Outlook 2016/Exchange and Outlook for Android Using Outlook 2
Brian Murphy Exchange Online Everything a Transport Rule should do and cannot Exchange Server Administration 1
E Customer wants a portion of GAL from exchange to sync down to Android contacts via Activesync Using Outlook 2
R Problem with searching public folders Exchange 2013/16 Exchange Server Administration 2
I outlook 2016 manual exchange config Using Outlook 0
R Add Exchange Account to existing POP3 Outlook 2007 Profile Using Outlook 0
Fozzie Bear Office 365 Home Premium with Exchange Online email accounts Using Outlook 3
S What is /O=FIRST ORGANIZATION/OU=EXCHANGE ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP(***************)/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=... Using Outlook 5
Commodore Microsoft Exchange Add-in Using Outlook 2
D Winmail.dat with MS Exchange Personal and Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 5
I Outlook 2013 Transition to Exchange - weirdnesses Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
E you don't have permission to perform this action exchange 2016 Exchange Server Administration 0
Diane Poremsky Set Another Data File as Default When Using an Exchange Account New Slipstick.com Articles 0
PMR0001 Exchange cf Exchange ActiveSync Exchange Server Administration 1
PMR0001 Mydomain Outlook.com and Exchange post EAS Using Outlook 1
F Contacts folders not syncing with hosted exchange Using Outlook 3
L Receiving work/Exchange email to my personal email Using Outlook 2