exchange 2010 coexisting with 3rd party email platform

• Thread starter nleslie1970
  • Start date Views 638
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nleslie1970

My company recently decided to roll exchange 2010 out on a limited basis, primarily for management and offices that we might acquire that are already running exchange. The rest of the company uses Kerio.

So exchange 2010 will be sharing domain space with my kerio server. I created a send connector in exchange so that email from exchange would know to go to my kerio server, and now users on exchange can email users on kerio and send to distribution lists etc.

My question is this: is there a way in exchange 2010 to create a distribution list or alias that points to a distribution lists on my kerio server so that in exchange my kerio distribution lists show up? or is this asking too much?

Any input would be much appreciated. thanks

S

Steve Goodman [MCITP]

Hiya,

Create a new Mail Contact mirroring the address of your Kerio distribution list.

Steve

L

Laeeq Qazi

Hiya,

Create a new Mail Contact mirroring the address of your Kerio distribution list.

Steve

Yes create a mail contact with Kerio distribution list email address as the contact's external email address.

Now this mail contact will show up in the address lists in exchange.

And if you want to show up your kerio DL as the DL in exchange then just create a DL in Exchange with the same name as kerio server and add the mail contact ,as i told above as, its only member.

Regards,
Laeeq Qazi|Team Lead(Exchange + Sharepoint + BES + DynamicsCRM) www.HostingController.com

N

nleslie1970

ok. that seemed to work. except it doesnt seem to let me name the distribution list with the same name as my contact? for example, i set up a distribution list on kerio and just called it example. it wouldn't let me set up a dl with the same name as example. but it worked when i named the dl kerio_example and placed the example contact as a member.

L

Laeeq Qazi

ok. that seemed to work. except it doesnt seem to let me name the distribution list with the same name as my contact? for example, i set up a distribution list on kerio and just called it example. it wouldn't let me set up a dl with the same name as example. but it worked when i named the dl kerio_example and placed the example contact as a member.

Yes u would not be able to create the DL with the same name as the contact if you put both objects in same OrganizationalUnit in Active Directory. Just select some other OrganizationalUnit for the DL at the time of creation. Also put different Alias for both of them.

You can also now move the current DL kerio_example in some other OU and then rename it to "example".

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Laeeq Qazi|Team Lead(Exchange + Sharepoint + BES + DynamicsCRM) www.HostingController.com

L

Laeeq Qazi

Hi,

Glad that it worked.You are welcome.

Plz mark a post an answer if it satisfies your query or unmark it as answer if it doesnt.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.