Powershell Script NoGo

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Myrt Webb

I am trying to install Exch 2010, in a test domain, on my Win2008R2 server which is a virtual guest running with a Win2008R2 host. I am using the lastest TechNet download. There are no other Exchange servers in the domain.

In trying and failing to install Exch 2010. It starts then gets a long list of errors. I found a MS webpage (technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/BB691354) that describes a series of Powershell scripts that need to be run in prep for Exch 2010 install. The first script ran but the second keeps coming up with an error that one of the commands is not recognized by Powershell.

On both the guest VM and the host I have installed .NET 3.5.1

What's my problem?

Also, is there a simpler way to prepare a server for Exch 2010?

A

AndyD_ [MVP]

What are the errors?

Depending on the role, you only need to run one PS command to install all the pre-reqs. What role are you attempting to install and which powershell command you are installing are you using?

M

Myrt Webb

I am trying to install client access, hub transport and mailbox on the same server.

According to the reference I cited the first PS command is:

"Import-Module ServerManager" This command was successful or at least there were no errors.

The second PS command is:

"dd-WindowsFeature NET-Framework,RSAT-ADDS,Web-Server,Web-Basic-Auth,Web-Windows-Auth,Web-Metabase,Web-Net-Ext,Web-Lgcy-Mgmt-Console,WAS-Process-Model,RSAT-Web-Server,Web-ISAPI-Ext,Web-Digest-Auth,Web-Dyn-Compression,NET-HTTP-Activation,RPC-Over-HTTP-Proxy -Restart"

This command was unsuccessful with the error that "Add-WindowsFeature NET" was not a recognized command.

The third PS command is:

"Set-Service NetTcpPortSharing -StartupType Automatic" I have not tried this command.

A

AndyD_ [MVP]

Is that a typo?

"Add-WindowsFeature NET" was not a recognized command.

It should be: "Add-WindowsFeature NET-Framework"

M

Myrt Webb

Yes it is a typo the "dd" is "Add"

The whole thing is:

"Add-WindowsFeature NET-Framework,RSAT-ADDS,Web-Server,Web-Basic-Auth,Web-Windows-Auth,Web-Metabase,Web-Net-Ext,Web-Lgcy-Mgmt-Console,WAS-Process-Model,RSAT-Web-Server,Web-ISAPI-Ext,Web-Digest-Auth,Web-Dyn-Compression,NET-HTTP-Activation,RPC-Over-HTTP-Proxy -Restart"

I copied off the reference website.

J

James-Luo

Please type the cmdlet manually, and see if the issue still persists

Is there any related event in the application log?

If the issue still appears, please use the “Windows Server 2008 R2 Management” forum which would be the best place for the question
James Luo

M

Myrt Webb

I was able to get it done if I did it manually one cmd at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.