GAL not updating properly, error when updating OAB

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

adam.morris

Getting this when I click "update" in the OAB.

------------------------------------------------------ Microsoft Exchange Error
------------------------------------------------------ Action 'Update' could not be performed on object 'OAB'.

OAB
Failed
Error:
Couldn't find database "Dannenbaum.Local/Configuration/Deleted Objects/public folder
DEL:fd17b6e0-e5d1-4a9f-9f06-f2234c912297". Make sure you have typed it correctly.
------------------------------------------------------ OK
------------------------
Also, when adding a new user their names are not showing up in the GAL. I suspect it has something to do with the migration from 2007 to 2010 and the public folders but I'm not sure... We had to delete the old public folders manually and start fresh with 2010... Could have something to do with that.

L

Laeeq Qazi

Getting this when I click "update" in the OAB.

------------------------------------------------------ Microsoft Exchange Error
------------------------------------------------------ Action 'Update' could not be performed on object 'OAB'.

OAB
Failed
Error:
Couldn't find database "Dannenbaum.Local/Configuration/Deleted Objects/public folder
DEL:fd17b6e0-e5d1-4a9f-9f06-f2234c912297". Make sure you have typed it correctly.

Also, when adding a new user their names are not showing up in the GAL. I suspect it has something to do with the migration from 2007 to 2010 and the public folders but I'm not sure... We had to delete the old public folders manually and start fresh with 2010... Could have something to do with that.

Have u moved your OAB to new exch 2010 server, i mean OAB generation server is now ex2010?

Also Can u update your GALs from Exchange 2010 EMC?

Regards,

Laeeq Qazi|Team Lead(Exchange + Sharepoint + BES + DynamicsCRM) www.HostingController.com

A

adam.morris

Yes, I had moved my OAB to the new server but after remembering what happened during the initial migration I remembered that we generated the OAB before the public folders and I think it was trying to look for the public folders that had been deleted.

To fix it I removed the OAB and made a new one and reassociated the Mailbox database to the new OAB.

I went to the OWA site logged in and the names that were missing were in the GAL are now there but still not updated to Outlook clients. Is there a way to manually update the GAL to the outlook client other than "downloading address book" under the send/receive in Outlook? Maybe something from the Exhcange server I can run?

L

Laeeq Qazi

I went to the OWA site logged in and the names that were missing were in the GAL are now there but still not updated to Outlook clients. Is there a way to manually update the GAL to the outlook client other than "downloading address book" under the send/receive in Outlook? Maybe something from the Exhcange server I can run?

OWA uses Global Address List, which might be updated, In outlook possibly u r talking about the OAB, which may not be generated when u saw it in outlook.

You can easily generate the latest OAB using 3 easy steps mentioned here: Manually Generating Offline Address Book on Exchange 2007/2010

Try to generate the OAB and see whether it succeeds or not, if not then look into event viewer what error it produces. If it is generated then download the OAB manually using Tool->Send Recieve->Download Address Book.

Regards,

Laeeq Qazi|Team Lead(Exchange + Sharepoint + BES + DynamicsCRM) www.HostingController.com

Status
Not open for further replies.