SMTP Relay to Remote Active Directory Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fer Espindola

Hi all,

I have a 2 site architecture, in site 1 there is an Exchange 2010 working fine, in site 2 I have an Exchange 2003 server with clients in operation, and a second Exchange Server 2010 version. In this second server, I will move the users that I have in Exchange 2003, but I need that the second server works just fine, move the users to Exchange 2010 and erase Exchange 2003.

Actually I have moved 3 users to server 2 (the 2010 Exchange version) and everithing works fine, except email messages that I send to the site A, when I send an email to site A, an SMTP Relay to Remote Active Directory Site connector appears on the Queue Viewer and the email message, stocks there.

Any Idea?

B

busbar

Hi fer.
Are those Exchange 2010 serves in the same forest and Exchange organization, if yes then nothing to additionally to make just make sure that you can telnet to the other Exchange 2010 server on port 25, looks like a firewall is blocking the communication between the 2 Exchange 2010 servers.Regards, Mahmoud Magdy Watch Arabic Level 300 Videos about Exchange 2010 here: http://vimeo.com/user3271816 Read pretty advanced Exchange stuff I and other MVPs post here: http://www.enowconsulting.com/ese/blog.asp Or follow my blog: http://busbar.blogspot.com or our corp blog: http://ingazat.wordpress.com and if you Liked my post please mark it as helpful and accept it as an asnwer

F

Fer Espindola

The two servers are in the same forest and same Exchange Organization, but there is no firewall between them.
I already telnet both servers and I have response. Service ready.

Any other suggestion?

F

Fer Espindola

The two servers are in the same forest and same Exchange Organization, but there is no firewall between them.
I already telnet both servers and I have response. Service ready.

Any other suggestion?
Do I need to make a new special connector between the sites?

S

Squwilf3

Did you ever figure this out? I am having the same issue with two 2007 exchange servers. I can get mail to flow from my central server to my east coast server but when I send it back I get an SMTP Relay to Remote Active Directory Site connector and the message gets stuck. I have tried to create several variations of receive connectors on the central server but no luck. My sonicwall is not blocking it as far as I can see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D How to setup an SMTP Drop and Queue Folder in same Domain for relay??? Exchange Server Administration 4
C SMTP Relay: messages stuck in Queue folder Using Outlook 3
T Unable to relay error when SMTP clients attempt to send email externally Exchange Server Administration 10
J SMTP Relay between servers Exchange Server Administration 11
S Send email via SMTP - use transport rules to add to senders inbox (then rule to move to sent items Exchange Server Administration 1
T SMTP messages stuck in Outbox Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Exchange Server and SMTP Servers New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky Common Outlook Outgoing Server (SMTP) Errors New Slipstick.com Articles 0
S Outlook 2013 sends plain text with attachment mail as uuencoded with SMTP conn Using Outlook 2
T Outlook 2013, McAfee Security Suite and SMTP/POP3 Using Outlook 3
E msg attachments lose their recipients "smtp" address Using Outlook 2
H Mailing List account needed with remote smtp auth facility Exchange Server Administration 3
K External Mtg Invitees have =SMTP: added to email address after mtg saved Using Outlook 5
C How to get SMTP out of email address when exporting contacts? Using Outlook 2
N Beginner - Setting SMTP settings/travelling Using Outlook 4
C Custom Form that allows a single SMTP header to be parsed to Field Chooser? Using Outlook 4
N cannot send emails-SMTP Ports not working for Hotmail Pop3 Using Outlook 3
D how can bounce email be captured in smtp server Exchange Server Administration 3
williamlambton Changing 'To' field in message lists to show SMTP address only. Using Outlook 2
S change smtp in exchange account Using Outlook 1
I Outlook on laptops with different ISP SMTP Using Outlook 3
O An unknown error has occurred.____Server: 'smtp.west.cox.net'__Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x8007005 Using Outlook 3
S Internet Mail SMTP Connector Problem on Exchange 2010 after Migration Exchange Server Administration 2
A Task 'Hotmail - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC7D) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP) server does not support Using Outlook 8
T smtp outgoing email server could not be connected Using Outlook 2
R Sending e-mail Outlook 2003(SMTP) using SSL and port 587 Using Outlook 4
S smtp error when password changed but works again with old password Using Outlook 1
K Email sends with no error, but no action on the SMTP server done, only authentization - for some of the outgoing addresses. Using Outlook 1
A Outlook 2010 Exchange / SMTP: unable to send Using Outlook 2
S There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your syste Using Outlook 2
S hosting multiple smtp domains outlook anywhere Exchange Server Administration 1
T How do I get multiple pop3/smtp email accounts to point to the Default Personal Folder in Outlook 20 Using Outlook 5
M SMTP times out when setting up an account in outlook 2010? Using Outlook 2
M Re: How to force routing between two internal smtp domains across Two Edge servers Exchange Server Administration 7
M How to force routing between two internal smtp domains across Two Edge servers Exchange Server Administration 3
B Identify SMTP email submitted from IP or Application for rule creation? Exchange Server Administration 7
S coexist exchange 2010 and 2003 smtp connector issue Exchange Server Administration 2
M FINDING INCOMING AND OUTGOING MAIL SERVERS SUCH AS POP3,IMAPOR HTTP INCOMING AND SMTP OUTGOING TO US Using Outlook 1
J Send from another smtp address that is associated with my Exchange account (without setting up another account and without 'on behalf of') Using Outlook 2
K Move mailbox from 2003 to 2010 smtp changed Exchange Server Administration 1
T Sending reported error (0x80042109) outlook cannot connect to outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server __ Using Outlook 4
U How to customize exch 2010 smtp bounced msg like 5.7.1 or 5.7.11 Exchange Server Administration 2
E Task 'pop.gmail.com - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC7D) : Your outgoing (SMTP) server does not su Using Outlook 5
1 loosing smtp connection temporerly Using Outlook 2
C 5.6.0 smtp;554 5.6.0 STOREDRV.Deliver.Exception:TextConvertersException; Failed to process message d Exchange Server Administration 3
M The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. A Using Outlook 2
B AD Contact SMTP address question/issue? Exchange Server Administration 4
V Email SMTP Address on accepted domains Exchange Server Administration 3
P How to use client certificate to authenticate Outlook to SMTP Server? Using Outlook 6
Z Kerberosauthentication (GSSAPI) doesnt work for SMTP/IMAP/POP Connectors Exchange Server Administration 3