different scanning policy based on user account group membership

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

J-H

Hello

Do you know which Exchange Server virus scanner products allow you to define specific scanning policies (e.g. attachment blocking) based on the group membership of a user account?

The Exchange Server version is 2010.

Thanks

J

Jim McBee - Exchange MVP

The only product that I can recall off the top of my head that will do this is Proofpoint. I believe they are only an appliance, though. I don't think they have an Exchange-server version of their software.

Exchange 2007/2010 does allow you to specify different spam confidence level (SCL) values for different users, though. You must do that via the Exchange Management Shell, though using the Set-Mailbox cmdlet. You could always run a script that evalutes group membership and sets the SCL values based on group membership. However, that may not provide you the level of granularity that you are looking for when setting antispam policies.

Jim McBee - Blog - http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com

J

J-H

Hi Jim

Thanks.

A customer told me that McAfee GroupShield has this capability. I was wondering if there are any alternative products.

Forefront does not allow you to specify scanning policies based on group membership.

Thanks

J-H

Status
Not open for further replies.