Exchange 2010 cannot see free/busy for Exchange 2003 mailboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MCNS10

Exchange 2010 Rollup 3

Exchange 2003 Sp2

Cannot see free/busy from Exchange 2010 mailbox either in OUtlook 2007 or OWA. Have the Free/Busy folder replicated from 2003 to 2010 but still nothing. Turned up logging and these are the warnings/errors I receive

Log Name: Application
Source: MSExchange Availability
Date: 6/18/2010 2:04:27 PM
Event ID: 4004
Task Category: Availability Service
Level: Warning
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Exchange2.alpsinc.net
Description:
Process Microsoft.Exchange.InfoWorker.Common.Delayed`1[System.String]: Unable to find a public folder server for organizational unit (OU) FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP. The service will attempt to find a random server, which may take a longer time to service the request.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns=" http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event" >
<System>
<Provider Name=" MSExchange Availability" />
<EventID Qualifiers=" 49156" >4004</EventID>
<Level>3</Level>
<Task>4</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime=" 2010-06-18T20:04:27.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>3319</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>Exchange2.alpsinc.net</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>Microsoft.Exchange.InfoWorker.Common.Delayed`1[System.String]</Data>
<Data>FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Log Name: Application
Source: MSExchange Availability
Date: 6/18/2010 2:04:31 PM
Event ID: 4003
Task Category: Availability Service
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Exchange2.alpsinc.net
Description:
Process Microsoft.Exchange.InfoWorker.Common.Delayed`1[System.String]: PublicFolderRequest for 1 mailboxes at FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP failed. The exception returned is Microsoft.Exchange.InfoWorker.Common.Availability.PublicFolderRequestProcessingException: '>' is an unexpected token. The expected token is '" ' or '''. Line 1, position 63.. The request information is http://EXCHANGE2.alpsinc.net/public/?Cmd=freebusy&start 10-06-18T06:00:00Z&end 10-06-25T06:00:00Z&interval=30&u=Jeremy.May@alpsinc.com.. The Availability service could not successfully retrieve Schedule+ free/busy data for one or more legacy Exchange mailboxes. To find the root cause of this error, increase the diagnostic logging level of the MSExchange Availability service.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns=" http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event" >
<System>
<Provider Name=" MSExchange Availability" />
<EventID Qualifiers=" 49156" >4003</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>4</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime=" 2010-06-18T20:04:31.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>3321</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>Exchange2.alpsinc.net</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>Microsoft.Exchange.InfoWorker.Common.Delayed`1[System.String]</Data>
<Data>PublicFolderRequest for 1 mailboxes at FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP</Data>
<Data>Microsoft.Exchange.InfoWorker.Common.Availability.PublicFolderRequestProcessingException: '&gt;' is an unexpected token. The expected token is '" ' or '''. Line 1, position 63.. The request information is http://EXCHANGE2.alpsinc.net/public/?Cmd=freebusy&amp;start 10-06-18T06:00:00Z&amp;end 10-06-25T06:00:00Z&amp;interval=30&amp;u=Jeremy.May@alpsinc.com.</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Sean McNeill Microsoft Gold Partner http://staterainfrastructure.blogspot.com/

B

Bharani.Billapati

Please verify sitefolderserver value on 2003 Administrative group using Adsiedit. This normally happens if you removed the default Public folder store created for the Administrative group.

Thanks

Bharani

D

Dave G.

Same problem here. Getting the same events logged in event viewer.

Can you explain more about this sitefolderserver value? Is this something that typically needs to be messed with for the average 2003 to 2010 transition?

A

Allen Song

Hi,

Each Admin Group has a Site Folder Server, which is the first server in the site. This determines which server is responsible for ensuring Site Folder exist. It is an attribute of the Admin Groups directory entry, like SiteFolderServer: CN=Public Folder Store (E2k3),CN=First Storage Group,Cn=InformationStore,CN=E2k3,CN=Servers,CN=First Administrative Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=Contoso,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=Contoso,DC=Com

This shows that the current site folder server is E2k3. If you need to remove the first server or Public Folder store, you need to rehome these folder to another server.

Thanks

Allen

D

Dave G.

Hi Allen,

Thanks for the information. I have found the sitefolderserver value for both administrative groups:

First Storage Group (for Exchange 2003 server) and Exchange Administrative Group (for Exchange 2010 server).

They both point to the public folder store for their own server. Is this correct or should both values point to the same server?

A

Allen Song

Hi Dave,

That is correct configuration.

Now please check whether the SSL was enabled on the Public Virtual Directory, if it was, please uncheck it. That is because the Availability Service connects to the /public virtual directory using HTTP.

Additionally, please ensure " Integrated Windows Authentication" was enabled on the Public Virtual Directory. After that, please check this issue.

Thanks

Allen

M

MCNS10

Allen,

Was on vacation so just getting back to this. Check the sitefolderserver for both admin groups, BOTH point to the Public Folder Store on the Exchange 2003 Server, should I change the Exchange 2010 Admin Group entry to point to a PF DB on the exchange 2010 server?

Also when I attempt to verify that Integrated Auth is configured on the Public VD on the Exchange 2010 server get an error that \\?\d:\Exchange2010\clientaccess\OWA\web.config line number :30 Error:Configuration section not allowed to be set below application

going to search now on the above error and see what I find

M

MCNS10

did check the 2003 Exchange /public VD and it was set to require SSL; removed the requirement and restarted IIS on the 2003 and 2010 and this seems to have fixed the issue. 2010 mailboxes can now see 2003 free/busy info.

E

ExRaj

Hello Allen:

Let me rephrase the question - have 2 CASHUB servers with 2 backend Mailbox servers - this should be done at the CASHUB servers, right? -

Thanks.

Raj

I

itskiguy

Hi, I'm confused. Didn't you say that you changed the Require SSL option on the 2003 server? Did you have to actually change anything on the 2010 CAS server?

W

WJSuarez

I am currently working this same issue with Microsoft. Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2010. We've got it so an Exchange 2003 " mailbox" can see FB information on a 2010 user once they have exchanged meeting invites. However Exchange 2010 users cannot see FB back to Exchange 2003 mailboxes, in OWA it returns a 5017 error.

Microsoft has told me (and we verified this) that it is caused by having Forms Based Authentication enabled on the 2003 server (it hosts OWA as well). If we turn Forms Based Authentication off and do an IISRESET then the 2010 users CAN see 2003 FB information.

I can't 'break' OWA for my 2003 users while we migrate to 2010 (weeks) so if this additional info sparks other ideas I'm all ears!

Thanks in advance,

Bill Suarez
Bit9

M

McCue

Allen,

Was on vacation so just getting back to this. Check the sitefolderserver for both admin groups, BOTH point to the Public Folder Store on the Exchange 2003 Server, should I change the Exchange 2010 Admin Group entry to point to a PF DB on the exchange 2010 server?

Also when I attempt to verify that Integrated Auth is configured on the Public VD on the Exchange 2010 server get an error that \\?\d:\Exchange2010\clientaccess\OWA\web.config line number :30 Error:Configuration section not allowed to be set below application

going to search now on the above error and see what I find
Sean, did you get an answer to the sitefolderserver question, both my ex2010 and ex2003 values point to the ex2003 server?

thanks, Dave

A

Animesh S

Any update on this issue Dave and Sean? I am facing the same issue on one of my installations.

Status
Not open for further replies.