Forefront Online Mail flow loop

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MJMassaro

I am installing Exchange 2010 Enterprise into and environment that has Exchange 2003 already, the company is using the Forefront Product hosted by Microsoft -

Outbound mail is working well - any Mail trying to be delivered to an account on the new exchange 2010 server bounces with the error being a mail loop. The Loop servers are all servername.bigfish.com. No mail whether it is internal to the domain or send from and external account is delivered. All mail is directed to the Microsoft service first.

Looking from some guidance on how to configure Online forefront or the network or both to get this mail delivered.

at this moment, the default mail server in the location is the Exchange 2003 server for recieving mail.

THX

M

Mike Crowley

Mail from me to you should go like this:

A - Me -1 Internet -2 FOPE -3 Exchange 2003 -4 Exchange 2010

or

B - Me -1 Internet -2 FOPE -3 Exchange 2010 -4 Exchange 2003

A or B depends on weather or not you've got FOPE delivering directly to your 2003 or 2010 server. Does this match your configuration? if not, please elaborate.

Mike Crowley
Check out My Blog!

M

MJMassaro

A is how it is set up today -

B is how it will be tonight - we are removing all SMTP connectors to the outside off of exchange 2003 so it will pass to 2010 only.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.