More OLK 2003 online Mode trouble - SubFolders are displayed on the root of the Mailbox as link

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

testrrrr

Hi,

as Mr. Carius describes on his website http://www.msxfaq.de/clients/outlook2003e2010.htm (in german) there is a Problem that Outlook 2003 in online Mode displays SubFolders not only at their place but also on the root of the Mailbox. This only occurs if one has more than 3 hierarchy steps (for example Mailbox\f1\f2\f3\f4). (Mayby you have to start outlook with /restfolders to see this problem). Webmail and cachmode are not showing this error).

He describes that the beta of exchange 2010 SP1 has still this problem.

We have the problem too - i tried to move such a mailbox back to exchange 2003 - after that the Problem had been gone.

Does anybody has more information about this and is there a hofix from Microsoft?

J

James-Luo

Symptom: Outlook 2003 online mode shows the nested subfolders in the folder root

Example:

1. Create a hierarchy of mailbox folders at least 3 levels deep

Inbox

Inbox\1level

Inbox\1level\2level

Inbox\1level\2level\3level

Inbox\1level\2level\3level\subfolder1

Inbox\1level\2level\3level\subfolder2

Inbox\1level\2level\3level\subfolder3

Notes: The actual content in the folders is not relevant

2. Re-launch outlook. The previously created subfolders suddenly appear at the root of the hierarchy

Inbox

1level

2level

3level

subfolder1

Resolution: The issue will not be reproduced in the exchange 2010 SP1. I have also verified in the lab (Exchange 2010 SP1 Beta + Outlook 2003 online mode)

James Luo

T

testrrrr

Thank you very much for that info. I now read Mr. Carius article again and found that he wrote that the error was not reproducable with Exchange 2010 SP1 Beta - the first time I read it I thougt he meant is not solved. Sorry for that.

At the moment we stopped moving mailboxes for this problem. Is there a hotfix available or could you give information about the release date for SP1?

J

James-Luo

Per my search, no

You can RSS the exchange 2010 category on the exchange team blog, it will be the first place you can get the release schedule on exchange 2010 SP1

James Luo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C blocking two or more word domains separated by period/dot Using Outlook 4
C How to use VBA to show only items x days old or more Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N VBA to delete duplicates by message-id on common pst for 2 or more emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
geofferyh Cannot get Macro to SAVE more than one message attachment??? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
B Looking to filter (or just find/search) for only messages that the sender has sent more than 1 messa Using Outlook 2
B When I add more search strings to RULES, it is not processing them Using Outlook 3
O Display more months in 'Tasks' Using Outlook 3
A BCM does not work with Windows 10 1703 any more BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
E When more than "ItemSend" is needed Using Outlook 5
K adding more rules to 'different domains check' macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Diane Poremsky Booking meetings more than 180 days out New Slipstick.com Articles 1
Diane Poremsky Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid. New Slipstick.com Articles 0
W Showing more months in the Calendar nav pane Using Outlook 10
B Search Folder for search messages in more than one account and / or multiple PST folders Using Outlook 3
C Quick Parts signatures suddenly require more letters Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky Make 'today' stand out more in the calendar New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky More Tools and Utilities for Sharing Outlook Data New Slipstick.com Articles 0
N To do bar - show more than 30 days of appointments Using Outlook 0
Q shortcut to more stationery Using Outlook 4
F Missing "More Settings" in Outlook 2007 Professional Using Outlook 8
O Stop more than one person responding to an email? Using Outlook 1
J Show three or more months in Calendar Using Outlook 1
M Can't open same msg file more than once at the same time in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 7
A Setting RULES with more than one condition in MS OUTLOOK Using Outlook 6
T using IMAP with a single email account on two or more computers Using Outlook 3
C Whose brilliant idea was to make it more difficult to scroll in Outlook? Using Outlook 0
G "database is not compatible with BCM for Outlook 2013" & more BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
C Using iCloud in more than one Outlook profile Using Outlook 0
B Consolidating more than one Outlook profiles Using Outlook 1
dolke Strange Outlook behavior when receiving emails. More info in the content... Using Outlook 7
M No More Spam Mail Using Outlook 1
K Need to get OOO messages more than once for the same email box Using Outlook 2
Y BCM Contacting 2 or more contacts under one account BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
S Help with optimizing Outlook (With BCM and more) Using Outlook 3
B Would like to add more fields in the Genral contacts tab Using Outlook 1
C Looking for way to tie a Business Contact to more than one Account BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
T More than one outlook account to setup & move Using Outlook 1
D Add-In or Other to Make Outlook More "OneNote Like"? Using Outlook 5
J why "Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid"? Using Outlook 2
C print more than one month per page in outlook 2010 calendar Using Outlook 5
M Appointments with more than one day are not shown correctly at iPhone after Service Pack 3 for Exchange 2007 Using Outlook 2
M More email addresses in contacts Using Outlook 1
A Cannot send to one or more delegates Using Outlook 2
D Saved draft with more than 100MB file attached disappears Using Outlook 1
B Calendar - Shared Calendar does not show calendar meetings after Dec 31 2010..... read more... Using Outlook 1
J Microsoft Outlook - How can I read emails that are more than 12 months old? Using Outlook 2
T More Oulook 2010 Error Messages Using Outlook 1
S How to get more detail on "Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Mime.Encoders.ByteEncoderException" Using Outlook 3
I Outlook 2007 showing more than one e-mail address Using Outlook 2
M .wav files won't play any more Using Outlook 1