Unified Messaging Enabled at Server Level but Disabled at User Level

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stankerific

We currently have Unified messaging up and running, to some extent. Our Cisco Call Manager 4.X server is able to talk to exchange and we get the voice prompts when routed to UM. The problem is when I try to enable UM for any particular recipient the "Unified Messaging" feature is disabled in the respective properties dialog for that user. I have enterprise edition installed and UM shows as enabled on the server but I cant seem to figure out how to enable the feature at the user level.

Any Ideas?

TIA,

Steve

L

Laeeq Qazi

Hi,

You can enable UM for a mailbox using Enabled-UMMailbox command:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa998033.aspx

Open EMS and run this command to enabled UM for mailbox user, e.g.

Enable-UMMailbox -Identity tonysmith@contoso.com -UMMailboxPolicy MyUMMailboxPolicy -Extensions 51234 -PIN 5643892 -NotifyEmail administrator@contoso.com -PINExpired $true

You can get list of all UM enabled mailboxes:

Get-UMMailbox | Format-List

plz have a look into this link to see all exchange UM commandlets:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa997665.aspx

Regards,
Laeeq Qazi|Team Lead(Exchange + Sharepoint + BES + DynamicsCRM) www.HostingController.com

S

Stankerific

Thanks Laeeq. I was looking for a solution in the GUI but this is more versatile. This will be esp helpful once we move everyone over and need to apply changes to all.

Thanks again,

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Voicemails from Unified Messaging are showing the extension of the IP Gateway when a call is placed from an external number Exchange Server Administration 1
F Unified Messaging voicemail with Asterisk 3CX IP PBX server Exchange Server Administration 1
M Exchange 2010 Unified Messaging - What is the Shortcut Command to bypass a greeting to leave a voice Exchange Server Administration 2
J Exchange Unified Messaging Migration to 2010 Exchange Server Administration 2
R Problem installing Unified Messaging on Exchange 2010 SP1 Exchange Server Administration 3
S Exchange Unified Messaging - voicemails not being delivered to mailbox Exchange Server Administration 4
J Installed 2010 SP1 - Unified Messaging service failing to start correctly now Exchange Server Administration 10
D Unified Messaging on Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 5
N MWI Troubleshooting in Exchange 2010 Unified Messaging Exchange Server Administration 3
C Unified Messaging Language Pack removal problem Exchange Server Administration 4
E Enable Unified Messaging for a User box is Disabled in Exchange 2010 Management Console Exchange Server Administration 1
Commodore Unified inbox shows moved messages for a while Using Outlook 4
D Multiple EAS Accounts - One Unified Inbox? Using Outlook 4
Commodore Unified inbox or incoming messages view Using Outlook 27
C Unified task list Using Outlook 1
1 unified inbox Outlook Wishlist 2
I Why is there still no unified Inbox in Outlook 2010??? Using Outlook 10
G MWI is Stuck or Delayed with Cisco Unified Communications Manager Exchange Server Administration 5
G unified meessaging language pack Exchange Server Administration 2
T Unified or Combined view of multiple inboxes in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
R "The Operation Failed. The messaging interfaces have returned an unknown error Exchange Server Administration 3
S The messaging interface has returned an unknown error Using Outlook 0
M Outllook 2000 - 2 Errors - The Information Service / The Messaging Interface Using Outlook 7
N Outlook problem: Messaging interface returned unknown error - Unknown error 0x8004060C - Outlook com Using Outlook 1
J The messaging interface has returned an unknown error while displaying Tasks on To-Do Bar Using Outlook 2
N the messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart outlook. un Using Outlook 4
J Messaging Records Management Question Exchange Server Administration 3
S The deleted items folder is unavailable. The operation failed . The messaging interface have returne Using Outlook 2
R The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook Using Outlook 9
O OL 2007 Is Not Saving Changes to Security Settings - 'The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. . . . ' Using Outlook 2
O Messaging Interface unknown error when trying to export pst files Using Outlook 4
S Office 2010 "The operation failed. The messaging interfaces have returned an unknown error. If the p Using Outlook 17
A The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persist, restart Outlook__ Using Outlook 1
S Rules & Alerts Error Message: "The operation failed. The messaging interfaces have returned an unkn Using Outlook 2
K messaging interface has returned an unknown error Using Outlook 1
B Business Contact Manager 2010. Adding BCM Accounts get "The messaging interfaces have returned an un Using Outlook 10
V After compacting my pst file, I can't open Sent Items folder. Error message says, "the messaging int Using Outlook 3
T Outlook error 'The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. Restart' Which I have done a dozen times and I am still not able to se Using Outlook 1
I When I open my inbox, there are no messages and it says the messaging interface has returned and unknown error Using Outlook 0
B when I try to move an email to a file it gives me the following: the messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If problem persists please re Using Outlook 2
D To Do bar (tasks and appoints area) while in Mail reads 'Messaging interface has returned an unknown error. Restart Outlook.' Using Outlook 0
C The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, start Outlook again. Using Outlook 0
H Outlook 2007 lost my contacts. Gives error code 'the messaging interface has returned an unknown error' Using Outlook 9
O Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannon fulfill the messaging request. please run MS Outlook and set it as the defau Using Outlook 5
J Active sync - exchange 2010 Text Messaging Features SMS Exchange Server Administration 2
M Unable to enable instant messaging Using Outlook 1
A Outlook installed but system reports: No default mail client or current mail client cannot fulfil the messaging request. Using Outlook 3
R "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging requ Using Outlook 17
K When saving email messages to a network drive.__getting error “The messaging interface has returne Using Outlook 26
I When I open Outlook I receive the message: 'The operation failed. The messaging interface have returned an unknown error. If the problem persists Using Outlook 2