Region bug? get-messagetrackinglog requires US datetime

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

James Hale

Hi,

Exchange 2010, Server 2008 R2 64bit.

I live in Australia, where our date format is dd/mm/yyyy, as opposed to the US mm/dd/yyyy. When I use the EMC GUI to check the message tracking logs, all works fine. If I copy+paste the exact same Exchange Shell command in to the the actual Exchange Management Shell, it complains about the dates. If I swap it around to the US format, it then works and provides the same results as what I get using the Australian date setting in the EMC.

Is there a setting I'm supposed to change? It definitely seems like a bug to me. If it's a bug, where do I report it?

Cheers

James

F

Frank.Wang

Hi James,

If you run the cmdlet Get-Help Get-MessageTrackingLog -detailed, you will find that the time should be regional format of the computer on which the command is run.

I also test it in my lab.

Region and Lanaguage: "Formats" "Location" "Administative" all set to China/Chinese.

When running in the EMC, the time format is "2010/7/16", copy it to EMS, I can run it successfully.

So please set the language to Australia and try again.

P.S: Unfortunately, if I set the region and lanaguage to Australia, the error appears, too.
Frank Wang

J

James Hale

OK... So, umm, you have confirmed that it is a bug.

So back to my original question, where should I report this bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
geoffnoakes About Country/Region and BusinessAddressCountry Using Outlook 1
A ItemEvents_10_AfterWriteEventHandler is triggers for all instances of the form region Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Disabling form region change Using Outlook 0
I Country/Region not showing Using Outlook 4
J Microsoft Outlook 2010 Contact Phone Number Region/Country Using Outlook 3
B County/Region field in OL2003 Using Outlook 2
A Cant open saved .MSG mail files using Outlook 2007 with Form Region Using Outlook 0
T Outlook replacement form region using a "parent" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E VSTO 2008 how to bind Form Region controls to Item data fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
E VSTO 2008 how to bind Form Region controls to Item data fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
E Accessing a Form Region from an Inspector Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
E Accessing a Form Region from an Inspector Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Form region not appearing on machines I deploy to? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
M Delete key in form region textbox deleting email instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M How to change the Title of a form region at runtime? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M How to read color of form region title? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Can I embed ribbon item into form region? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
E Preview of Form Region Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
T Customize button image for separate Outlook forms region Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
K Accessing contact's custom properties in a Outlook 2007 form region Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Form Region Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
T Form Region Freezing Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Form Region, Task Pain, Ribbon Extension - which way is best? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Outlook 2016 Inbox search bug Using Outlook 1
C address book "when sending email" bug? Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky iPhone and the Meeting Request Bug New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky Outlook Connector Contact Sync Bug (Fixed) New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky Add to Outlook Contacts Bug (Fixed) New Slipstick.com Articles 1
TheDavidSlight Daylight savings - another subtle bug ... Using Outlook 3
R A bug in calendar form? Using Outlook 2
P BCM 2013 Contacts Form Drop Down Box Bug BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
W Midnight bug - Outlook Today & reminders Using Outlook 5
witzker Outlook bug when creating a user defined contact form? Using Outlook 1
mrje1 Assigned Categories keep getting deleted in mail, bug? How to fix if possible? Using Outlook 5
P connector categories bug Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
M Would you consider this a bug? Exchange Server Administration 1
C Bug? Forwarded message body is blank Using Outlook 2
S Email Address Policy Bug?? Exchange Server Administration 5
B Outlook 2010 calendar month view colorisation bug Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 2007 Tracking bug? Using Outlook 2
E Bug in Outlook 2010 Conversation View? Using Outlook 1
J Bug in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
M Outlook 2010 IMAP account management bug(s) Using Outlook 1
M Eliminate bug that closes my Outlook Using Outlook 3
K Exchange 2010 SP1 RU1 - Get-PublicFolderDatabase bug / documentation issue? Exchange Server Administration 6
E Changes to appointment reminder defaults on the File->Options-Calendar are not saved! Bug or feature? Using Outlook 3
D Outlook file download bug? Using Outlook 1
R Bug? Message size limit checked before attached images resized Using Outlook 1
S Can't see Sent To email address when using Outlook Connector. Seems to not sychronize. Is this a bug? Using Outlook 1
S Exchange 2010 Service Pack 1 bug with duplicate machine SIDs Exchange Server Administration 6