Calendar Delegates can't accept, meeting updated

• Thread starter Tristan-D
  • Start date Views 4,908
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tristan-D

Hi all,

don't know where to put this so I will start here.

I have two boardrooms which need a managed calendar so I created two resource mailboxes for this. To use the Delegate function I have given full access to a user through the " Add-MailboxPermission Resource1 -AccessRights:fullaccess -User: Delegate1" command line.

After this through OWA I have changed the settings so only the delegate can book the resource and other requests will be forwarded to the delegate. This all works like a charm, the request for the resource gets forwarded to the delegate but now the problem starts. As soon as the request enters the Inbox from the delegate it changes the request so the delegate can't accept or decline it. It says : " This meeting request was updated after this message was sent. You should open a later update or open the item on the calendar"

Obviously this is not the desired solution. Is this a known problem to one of you and if so...What's the solution :)

Environment used :

-Exchange 2007 SP1 rollup 2

-Outlook 2007

-BES ver. 4.1.5.24 (Don't know if this is the troublemaker since it tries to open all existing mailboxes, so also resource mailboxes)

TIA,

Tristan Draaisma

T

Tristan-D

Yes, all is working fine. Delegates can open Calendar in OWA as well.

The weird thing is that if I open the forwarded request in a split second the option of Decline/Propose a new time/Accept disappears.

T

J

James-Luo

Clarify: After meeting request forwarded to delegator, the option for accept or decline has disappeared

Troubleshooting:

1. Please run "Get-Mailboxcalendarsettings "id RoomSMTPAddress | fl", and post output here

2. You said "Delegates can open calendar in OWA as well", you mean that forward function is working in delegator's mailbox, right? Please let's confirm the cause is on outlook side. Set another test delegator to test the forward function

3. Open affected delegator's outlook in safe mode <Start->Run->outlook /safe>

4. Add a new profile for affected delegator's outlook, and test the issue

T

Tristan-D

Hi James,

thanks for replying.

The output of the Get-MailboxCalendarSettings :

Code Snippet

AutomateProcessing : AutoAccept

AllowConflicts : False

BookingWindowInDays : 180

MaximumDurationInMinutes : 1440

AllowRecurringMeetings : True

EnforceSchedulingHorizon : True

ScheduleOnlyDuringWorkHours : False

ConflictPercentageAllowed : 0

MaximumConflictInstances : 0

ForwardRequestsToDelegates : True

DeleteAttachments : True

DeleteComments : True

RemovePrivateProperty : True

DeleteSubject : True

DisableReminders : True

AddOrganizerToSubject : True

DeleteNonCalendarItems : True

TentativePendingApproval : True

EnableResponseDetails : True

OrganizerInfo : True

ResourceDelegates : {DelegateName}

RequestOutOfPolicy : {DelegateName}

AllRequestOutOfPolicy : False

BookInPolicy : {DelegateName}

AllBookInPolicy : False

RequestInPolicy : {DelegateName}

AllRequestInPolicy : True

AddAdditionalResponse : False

AdditionalResponse : <DIV><FONT face=
V>

RemoveOldMeetingMessages : True

AddNewRequestsTentatively : True

ProcessExternalMeetingMessages : False

DefaultReminderTime : 15

RemoveForwardedMeetingNotifications : False

Identity : [Service_UserAccount]

When using another account as the delegate, the exact same problem arises. It looks like an Outlook client, as soon as you open the forwarded request the request changes an becomes not current, if you select the " Note Current" option Outlook displays a dialog, " This meeting is out of date and will now be deleted"

I'm sorry to say that creating a new user with a new Outlook profile doesn't fix it, also safe mode is not working.

I will continue testing with a new resource, I will get back later on the results.

Thanks

H

HackSacken

I have this issue exactly as how you have explained it. I know this post is old (but I'm hoping) that you found a fix and can recall it?
Thanks!

S

stullg

Was this fixed i have the same issue and the following issue is as follows

delegate can't accept or decline it. It says : " This meeting request was updated after this message was sent. You should open a later update or open the item on the calendar"

office 2007 sp 2.

K

Kelly1447

I am having the same issue with a few of my employees. Did anyone ever find a solution?

D

Drum15

Yip I am having the same issue and wonder if anyone ever found a solution? thanks!

J

Jtijerina

I have the same issue, however, this only happens if the delegates are using OUtlook 2007 or Outlook 2010. If they use Outlook 2003 the Accept/Decline/Propose new time buttons still appear.

I only have an Outlook 2007 client to test with, and I've installed SP2 on it.

Not sure if anyone found a solution, and no, going back to Outlook 2003 is not a solution.

E

Ed Simcox

I am having the same issue. Are there any Microsoft moderators monitoring this? If so, can you please provide some guidance?

J

jekroes

This sounds similar to an issue I was having where messages were being processed as soon as they were delivered to the inbox. This is because AutomateProcessing was set to AutoAccept.

Try:

set-mailboxcalendarsettings <> AutoProcessing:AutoUpdate

B

brian7

Gentlemen.. i am in the same boat as you. I have see the button change from 'accept' to 'not current'. I have even rebuilt 2 of my conference rooms but 1 of my 3 delegates for both rooms has this issue. Been working on this issue for months. I just forwarded this link to microsoft support. I am running out of things to try!

Status
Not open for further replies.