Outlook is not saving sent items

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bekimo

Hi!

I'm having a minor nightmare!  None of my sent items are being saved to the "sent items" file.  I have done the tools/options thing to make sure its flagged to "save sent items".  But nothing seems to make them save.

Any ideas?  Am I missing something?

B x

H

Harpreet Singh Khandiyal

-> Try to use OWA and have a check if you can see the sent items?

-> Check with a new outlook profile and see if it works fine?

To create a new outlook profile, go to control panel, then mail and then click on profile.

Click New, and configure mail with this account?

-> Also if possible try to check the same on another machine or with a different windows account(need to check if there is any issues with the OST file)

J

James-Luo

Issue description: Messages not goes into "Send Items" folder

Please try Harpreet's steps at first

Collect info:

1.       Version: outlook

2.       Which type of mail account do you use, exchange, POP3 or IMAP4? And how many accounts do you have in the profile? Please check other "Send Items" folders

3.       You have checked "Save copies of messages in Sent Items folder", right?

Troubleshooting:

1.       Ensure it's not a "View" problem

a.       "Properties" of "Send Items" folder, select "Show total number of items"

b.      Send test mail and check the number

2.       Start outlook in safe mode <Start->Run->outlook /safe>, and test issue

Notes: It can disable 3rd-party Add-ins for testing, so if issue weren't persisted, we can determine the cause is Add-ins

3.       Uncheck all rules on the issued outlook and test issue again

X

xDMaynarDx

Hello all:

I'm replying to this thread because it is the top hit in my search for a resolution to this issue. Here is my situation, and first, I'll cover the obvious:

1) Outlook version (2010)

2) Filter settings are OFF

3) Outlook Options>Mail>Save Messages> Save Copies of messages in the Sent Items folder is checked

4) No custom views are set.The current view is "Preview"

5) Checked account in OWA, cannot view the Sent Items there either.

6) Have tried deleting the email profile, and re-creating it. No success.

7) Tried starting Outlook with the /resetfolderviews switch. No success.

8) Tried starting Outlook in safe mode. No success.

9) Tried adding the problem mailbox to a another profile and viewing the contents, I get the behavior I describe below.

This is the behavior I'm seeing:

1) Outlook is reporting that there are 1,154 items in the Sent Items folder, but when you click on the folder it shows "There are no items to show in this view".

2) If you CHANGE THE VIEW while in Sent Items, the Sent messages appear . HOWEVER, you click OFF the Sent Items folder, and back ON to it again, the Sent Items disappear and I'm back to "There are no items to show in this view."

Any further assistance on this issue would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you.

Mike

X

xDMaynarDx

I would like add that the Exchange Server version is 2007. As displayed across the web, this is NOT a "view" issue, and the user also sees "The folder could not be created because it already exists" when they login to OWA.

Thank you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S trouble with Outlook 2010 saving sent emails Using Outlook 2
B outlook 2010 is not saving sent mail in sent items folder and sometimes after appearing in sent item Using Outlook 1
T Saving Sent Messages in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
A Outlook - saving sent messages Using Outlook 1
L Outlook 2010 not saving messages to sent items Using Outlook 2
A My Outlook stopped saving my sent emails to the Sent Items folder Using Outlook 3
F OUTLOOK 2010 SAVING SENT EMAILS ON EXCHANGE SERVER Using Outlook 2
I Error saving screenshots in a custom form in outlook 2016, outlook 365 - ok in outlook 2013, outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
N Saving And Deleting Outlook Attachments with Unknown Error Message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V Saving attachment from outlook in My Documents Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 14
C Saving Outlook attachments and links to attachments with VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R Outlook 2010 Modify Style "Do not check spelling or grammar" not saving Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R Outlook Office 365 not saving addresses Using Outlook 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i question about saving my .pst so I can import it to my Outlook after I build a new system Using Outlook 10
J Outlook 2013 crashes saving VBA & clicking tools | digital signature Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Saving Outlook 2010 email with attachments but read the email without Outlook Using Outlook 2
L Outlook DST (Daylight Saving Time) problem Using Outlook 0
F Using Outlook 2007 as an IMAP Mail Station Without Saving Data Locally Using Outlook 2
D File Lock issue when saving message from Outlook to new folder Using Outlook 1
K Printing & Saving Outlook Contacts Using Outlook 3
D Saving outlook emails in html and attachments Using Outlook 4
R Outlook 2007 QAT buttons not saving Using Outlook 2
C Exchange 2003 - Outlook 2003 - Calendar entries saving over each other Using Outlook 2
J Saving Published Outlook Form as msg Using Outlook 1
J Saving Incoming & Outgoing Outlook 2010 Email Locally with IMAP Using Outlook 2
T Outlook 2007 alters date when saving attachments, windows 7. Using Outlook 5
T Merging contacts from Live to Outlook 2003, and saving saved emails from live Using Outlook 4
O Outlook Today Customization not saving in Outlook 2010 32-bit Using Outlook 9
C Saving Entourage 2004 for Mac files to Outlook 2011 for Mac Using Outlook 1
R Does not prompt for saving or opening attachments when downloading attachment in Outlook 2007. Using Outlook 3
J Outlook 2010 Saving Changes Issue Using Outlook 1
W I have outlook 2007, and it is not saving my contacts when I send an email, please help! Using Outlook 2
G Comcast Server is not saving my Mail due to Outlook Using Outlook 26
S Saving Outlook 2010 calendar as a web page... Using Outlook 1
J Saving emails from Outlook web access Using Outlook 5
J Saving emails via Outlook Web Access Using Outlook 1
I Saving and importing personal folders inside Outlook. Using Outlook 1
J Outlook Not Saving Passwords Using Outlook 2
D Opening &amp; saving an Outlook 2010 Calendar attachment Using Outlook 4
B Error while creating/saving a new appointment in Outlook web access 2003 'You don't have permission to modify this item'. Using Outlook 1
T Problems saving appoinment on Outlook Using Outlook 1
R Saving Outlook Email As Text File Extract Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Outlook 2003 Saving into a textbox when form closes Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
T Saving Embedded Images in Outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Outlook 2003 saving option button Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
H Outlook 2019 Certificate error Using Outlook 0
B Outlook 2013 erratically deleting original file that is attached Using Outlook 0
V Outlook Forms: Formatting a Label with 2 different styles Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Outlook 2016 Outlook randomly unhides from taskbar Using Outlook 3
X Using Outlook 2013 and Outlook 365 Using Outlook 1