Problem Sending E-mail with Outlook 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jfk1939

I am using the Vista OS with Office 2007.  I recently encountered a problem sending e-mail from the SMTP Outgoing Server.  Comcast Security has identified the problem as being isolated in Outlook, not in my settings or their servers.   Error message received when attempting to send = 0x800CCC80.  Has anyone else had this problem?  What is the fix, etc.?

A

Anil K Singh

Hi,

Are you using antivirus maccaffe/Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition , If yes then please reconfiure this.

Are you facing problem to send all recpeints or any perticular ID.

Lte me know to check  further.

Anil

J

James-Luo

Please provide the fully error info, is the error info same as below?

“(0x800CCC80) : None of the authentication methods supported by this client are supported by your server”

Per my knowledge, the possible cause is still the wrong settings on the mail profile

Please use another PC to set up the identical mail profile as the one on the problematic PC, sees if the issue still persists. If yes, we can ensure settings are incorrect, please compare all settings

If the issue doesn't occur on another PC, please go back to problematic PC for troubleshooting:

1.       Please disable all firewall and anti-virus software temporarily to check the issue

2.       Start outlook in safe mode <Start->Run->outlook /safe> to check the issue

3.       Disable all Non-Microsoft Services and reboot PC, see if we can reproduce issue

a.       Start->run->msconfig

b.      “Services” tab->check “Hide All Microsoft Services”->click “Disable All” Button

c.       OK and Reboot, check the issue

4.       Please try to keep old mail profile, add the profile again with a different profile name, and check the issue

5.       Please try to create a new windows profile, and add the mail profile, see if the issue still persists

S

Stoic_Jester

I am having the same issue.  I have Vista Ultimate with Office Enterprise 2007 SP1.  I have attempted to re-create the account several times.  I have repaired my Office installation.  I have patched the OS and the Application to the most recent.  I do not have an Anti-Virus nor do I use the MS firewall.  I have Cisco PIX and it is open for the protocols and ports.  This has been tested and it works fine with my old laptop running XP SP3 and Office 2003 Pro.  My provider is Sympatico from Bell Canada.  They have worked with me on the phone and have tested from their center and there is nothing wrong with the account settings or my account.  I have no issue connecting to the POP services but I get the "Send test e-mail message: None of the authentication methods supported by this client are supported by your server."  error when attemtping to send mail.  This is not an issue with the ISP or my account.  This is a Vista/Office issue.  Are there any other suggestions?

X

Xouqoa

I have this same "None of the authentication methods supported by the client are supported by your server" issue.  I believe it happens (for me, at least) when I disable the AUTH LOGIN feature of my mail server. (SmaterMail 4.3)

When I do this, Outlook is unable to authenticate to the SMTP server with CRAM-MD5 only.

Using the same account settings in Thunderbird, this isn't an issue.  Is there a way to allow Outlook to work without AUTH LOGIN?  I am required to disable it (or install an SSL certificate) for PCI Compliance.

E

ErickCh

The most simple way to fix this problem is using port 587 for SMTP with server smtphm.sympatico.ca. Using port 25 will give you error 0x800CCC80.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Outlook invitation request mail sending twice problem Using Outlook 1
L Sudden problem with sending receiving att.net e-mail account accessed through outlook 2007 Using Outlook 3
V Exchange 2010 - problem sending mail from one server Exchange Server Administration 5
D Automatic respond for sending mail problem Exchange Server Administration 4
C Outlook Problem - Cannot receive mail, no problems sending mail - only on one computer Using Outlook 2
S Problem in sending e-mail, outlook 2007 Using Outlook 3
A Problem with MYOB sending mail Using Outlook 6
M Problem sending e mail Using Outlook 2
C Problem sending e-mail. Using Outlook 1
I MS Outlook 2010 mail sending problem. Using Outlook 1
N Automating Outlook 2007 problem with sending mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Problem when sending emails from Adobe Acrobat Reader Using Outlook 1
K Outlook 2010 - sending pdf about 8 MB problem Using Outlook 2
J I have a sending problem wit hotmail Using Outlook 4
M Problem with Outlook 2007 - hotmail not coming in, difficulties sending out, many many other problems Using Outlook 4
J TROUBLE SENDING EMAIL FROM OUTLOOK, NO PROBLEM RECIEVING WHEN WORKING FROM OUT OF TOWN Using Outlook 1
M problem when i'm sending email with attachment in outlook 2007...sometimes the other user receive th Exchange Server Administration 2
M problem when i'm sending email with attachment in outlook 2007...sometimes the other user receive th Exchange Server Administration 1
D Problem sending PDF document from Outlook 2010 to Lotus Notes Using Outlook 1
A Problem with sending attachments emails !? Using Outlook 4
E Problem sending emails with attachments over 5 mb Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2003 Sending problem. Using Outlook 7
P Very weird problem with Outlook sending to wrong Email Using Outlook 1
B problem sending e-mails generated traveling on road utilizing various wireless networks Using Outlook 1
M Problem when sending emails Using Outlook 10
M Re: Problem when sending emails Using Outlook 2
A Problem sending emails and integration with CRM Office 2010 Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 2007 sending email problem Using Outlook 2
I Problem with sending emails with attachments containing multiple pages. Recepients receiving only the first page of the attachment. Using Outlook 1
R Microsoft Outlook 2003 is hanging up today on sending and receiving on both computers, locks up outlook. No problem with the internet, I use AOL email Using Outlook 1
A Sending reported error (0x800ccc0f): The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem c Using Outlook 2
P I have the same problem with sending email to specific people Using Outlook 2
J My Microsoft Office Outlook Outbox is not sending any emails. Can someone help me to activate the Outbox or help me fix the problem. Using Outlook 8
M Outlook 2010 Problem with OutLook 2010 32 bit, after Windows Auto Update Using Outlook 3
Marc2019 Outlook 2016 Font Problem Using Outlook 5
X I have met my waterloo trying to resolve embedded graphics problem with outlook 2007 and now 2016 Using Outlook 1
D Problem with custom form including _DocSiteControl1 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook 2007 Calendar instant search problem. Windows 7 Using Outlook 4
S Outlook 2007 Calendar instant search problem. Windows 7 Using Outlook 0
D Sort Problem with Sent Folders Using Outlook 1
S Conditional formatting problem with "is not empty" and categories Using Outlook 2
Mark Foley The upload of "Calendar" failed. There was a problem with the request. Using Outlook 6
avant-guvnor Import csv problem Using Outlook 7
katehawkins Outlook 2013 Ost to pst conversion problem Using Outlook 1
AbbieWhite The problem with a fairly large file. Using Outlook 3
I Outlook 2013 Send problem - 'Not Responding' forever Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 10
EmelineGueguen Help to understand the problem of work Using Outlook 1
W Outlook 2016 search problem persists after applying all known solutions Using Outlook 12
S problem with convert Using Outlook 1
S SendFromAccount - Problem trying to test existing value in open email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2