Exchange 07 + Outlook 07 - Change Exchange Proxy settings

• Thread starter PeterN22
  • Start date Views 625
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PeterN22

HI

I need to change the outlook anywhere url for about 200 clients. 
Can I change this url for all clients automatically, or do I have to change that manually on every single client?

Regards
Peter

X

Xiu Zhang

Hi,

If we want to change the proxy URL then we need to change the URL from Exchange Server.

Besides, profile settings are refreshed every time that the Time to Live (TTL) period is specified. The setting for the Time to Live is 60 minutes or whenever an error occurs when Outlook 2007 tries to contact an Exchange 2007 server. Also We can manually force Outlook 2007 to Update the User Profile Settings  

White Paper: Exchange 2007 Autodiscover Service

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb332063.aspx

How to Configure an External Host Name for Outlook Anywhere
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa996902.aspx

Regards,

Xiu

P

PeterN22

Hi Xiu

That's exactly what I was searching for. It works fine.

Thanks a lot.

Regards
Peter

P

PeterN22

Hi Xiu

One more question.

You wrote:
"Besides, profile settings are refreshed every time that the Time to Live (TTL) period is specified. The setting for the Time to Live is 60 minutes or whenever an error occurs when Outlook 2007 tries to contact an Exchange 2007 server."

When I change the Outlook AnyWhere external host name using Exchange Management Console, my client still has the old setting, even after more than one hour. The only way to change it, is to use the "Account settings" in outlook and to do a repair.

Regards
Peter

X

Xiu Zhang

Hi,

As my understand when  you open outlook to retrieve the user profile settings,not automatically. 

" The Outlook layer begins operating when you open Outlook 2007 to retrieve the user profile settings. These settings are refreshed every time that the Time to Live (TTL) period is specified. The setting for the Time to Live is 60 minutes or whenever an error occurs when Outlook 2007 tries to contact an Exchange 2007 server." 

Regards,
Xiu

N

NRAuser

This is an old thread but is completely relevant to my issue. I too have about 200 users that were using the old address. We have changed our OWA address and SSL cert and now all previously configured users proxy settings are invalid. Two issues surfaced when the cert was changed, Invalid Certificate name and Outlook Exchange proxy settings not updating. Once the users connected to the office LAN, the cert issue was resolved. BUT, the Exchange proxy address never updated.

New setups of Outlook automatically receive/import to correct Exchange proxy address but the previously configured accts do not. I can't find a way to force that update to reflect the new address so that the users may utilize Outlook Anywhere's functionality.

If anyone has a clue on how to force Outlook to retrieve the new address, I would greatly appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.