Email Stuck in Outbox -- Mail Still Delivered?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kbubp

If a mail item shows that it is stuck in the outbox in Outlook 2007, is it typically still delivered to the recepient?

V

--Vinod--

If it is stuck in the outbox means it is facing some n/w connectivity issue. Make sure your outlook is online and you can ping to exchange server and also possible take a look at all exchange services.
and yes Mails stuck in outlook wont delivered to recipient till all above conditions met.

M

Mike Shen

Hi,

I would like to explain the process the message is submitted by Outlook to Exchange for delivery. I assume that you have Exchange 2007:

When clients send a new mail, a MAPI message will be created in store and there will be a Mail Submitted MAPI event in store reliable event history. Mail Submission Service running on Mailbox Server will get notifications about the MailSubmitted event from Assistants Infrastructure. Mail Submission Service will then forward the details about the Mapi event to Transport Service running on Hub Server via RPC. Store Driver code running inside Transport service will open the Mapi Message using the information from RPC call, create a new transport mail item for it, submit the new transport mail item to submission queue and tell store we are done with the Mapi message. Store will move the message from Draft or Outbox folder to Sent Items folder.

Therefore, basically, mail should not be delivered to recipient if mail stuck in the Outbox folder. Nevertheless, sometimes, you may encounter the problem that the mail is delivered to recipient but you can locate the mail in Outbox folder.

For example, if the PR_SENTMAIL_ENTRYID property missed in the sent message, the message may still stuck in Outbox:

Processing a Sent Message

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc842003.aspx

Mike

G

GPNS

hi,

but here for me the mail stays in outbox and still delivered to the recipient. i am using exchange 2007 and have tried outlook 2007 and 2003 both. this happens only when exchange cache mode is enabled else fine. also this is happening only for 5 -6 users. also checked in webmail, same status.

guruprasad.

M

Maffick

I frequently see this same issue. I thought perhaps it was a 2007 Outlook issue, but it occurs on 2010 as well. Exchange 2007 SP1 in a CCR environment. It isn't a show stopper, but bugs the ____ out of users sometimes. It seems if a workstation is shut down (even though the outlook processes appear to be gone in task manager) after sending a message this can be reproduced. I have also seen it with mobile devices such as android and iphones.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P OL 2007 XP email stuck in outbox Using Outlook 3
D Email stuck in Outbox Using Outlook 3
G Email stuck in Outbox - Office 2013 Using Outlook 5
N Email Stuck in Outbox - Cached Mode - Roaming Profile Using Outlook 2
D Windows 7 / Outlook 2007 - email gets stuck in Outbox Using Outlook 2
S outbox is stuck sending an email. Using Outlook 1
A An email is stuck in my outbox Using Outlook 2
M Distribution lists not working, outlook will not open properly and email stuck in outbox. Using Outlook 3
C Email stuck on outbox and will not send. Using Outlook 3
D Email message gets stuck in Outlook 2007 Outbox Using Outlook 5
C Email stuck in Outbox and tries to keep sending. Using Outlook 1
S email stuck in outbox and sends repeatedly Using Outlook 9
S I am not able to delete an email stuck in my outbox. All of the various delete actions have been tried without success. Using Outlook 2
J email is stuck in outbox Using Outlook 2
S Having trouble with email stuck in outbox Using Outlook 1
C Deleting stuck email from Outlook 2007 outbox Using Outlook 1
C Email stuck on outbox Using Outlook 1
J video email stuck in outbox Using Outlook 1
C Tried to send an email with attachments that were too large and not it is 'stuck' in my outbox. Using Outlook 1
W email stuck in outbox Using Outlook 6
H Email stuck in Outbox and cannot delete it. Using Outlook 3
T how do I delete email from outbox...they are stuck Using Outlook 1
M deleting an unsent email that is stuck in the outbox Using Outlook 0
P Email is getting stuck on outbox in outlook 2010. Using Outlook 1
3 email with photos is stuck in outbox Using Outlook 1
M large emails stuck in outbox, receiver keeps getting the same email Using Outlook 1
K Outlook 2007: email sporadically stuck in outbox Using Outlook 4
M I have an email with photo attachment stuck in Outbox. When I try to delete it says, "THis item coul Using Outlook 2
R Outlook 2003 Email stuck in Outbox when using a non-admin ID Using Outlook 6
D HOW DO I CACEL A LARGE EMAIL OF 72MB, THAT IS STUCK IN MY OUTBOX FOLDER Using Outlook 0
T Add-in problem: First email in outbox gets stuck Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
M Outlook 2010 stuck in Work Offline mode; trouble sending email Using Outlook 1
A email stuck on send Using Outlook 3
M Outlook 2003, email stuck in send mode, cannot delete Using Outlook 1
S 35MB email stuck in Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 4
C I have an email stuck in my outlook out box and the system will not let me delete it. How do I remove it? Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2010 How do you export 2 email Accounts' 2010 Inbox Files to new computer (2019)? Using Outlook 0
R Auto display of new email does not work on non-default account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Automatically forward email and apply template Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Outlook saved email templates Using Outlook 1
B VBA to convert email to task, insert text of email in task notes, and attach copy of original email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
T How can you include Junk Email in Search Results like you can include Deleted Items? Using Outlook 3
B Extracting email addresses from a folder - how to also get the name of the person the address is for? Using Outlook 5
W Replyin to the reply-to email address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
E How to display "Change Folder" in Change Default Email Delivery Location in Exchange Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
M Extract all links from Outlook email, send to Excel Using Outlook 2
O Forward a email with modified body Automatically. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B Outlook 2003 email sending & receiving suddenly stopped working Using Outlook 3
R List folders in a combo box + select folder + move emails from inbox to that folder + reply to that email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Email not leaving Outbox when using Excel VBA to sync Outlook account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4