how do i turn off pop3 for individual users?

• Thread starter headbasher
  • Start date Views 692
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

headbasher

i'm trying to prevent individual users from accessing email through remote clients like outlook express/thunderbird or Iphones/Blackberries. I've tried turning off Exchange features in the user's Active Directory properties, but i can still add the user's accounts and receive email on a BB or other client. Is it done another way, or is there something i'm missing?

We're running Exchange 2003 in a W2k8/W2k3 environment.

R

Rajnish R Sharma

Go to W2K3 server , open ADUC. Check the advcance features option. Select the user , go to properties, select exchange features, select POP and disable it.Raj

H

headbasher

Go to W2K3 server , open ADUC. Check the advcance features option. Select the user , go to properties, select exchange features, select POP and disable it. Raj

i've already done that, as stated in my question, but emails still go through to the client.
will that work for Iphones/blackberries too?

A

Allen Song

Hi,

That is depended on the using type of the Blackberry or Iphone. Iphone uses the ActiveSync to push email, the Blackberry may use the Desktop manager to sync the email which is similar the ActiveSync.

Both of them are using the HTTP manner not POP3 protocol. Thus, to disable the POP3 connectivity is not affect the BlackBerry or IPhone.

Thanks

Allen

Status
Not open for further replies.