Slow response when viewing other users calendars

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The-Yeti

Hi,

I have a problem where a number of people are having to wait for up to 2 minutes for their Outlook to display other users calendars, at other times they will display instantly and this happens intermittently at various times during the day. For instance, you can view the calendar first thing in the morning then an hour or so later view it again and it takes ages. This is mostly evident on our citrix terminal users. However, it does not seem to affect everyone and as I've said, those it affects it only happens occassionally.

I'm wondering if this is an Exchange (2003) or a client (Outlook 2003) thing? Bieng citrix there is no cached mode on the clients.

Anyone have any ideas on how to speed things up?

E

Ed Crowley [MVP]

You wouldn't get any benefit from cached mode viewing others' calendars anyway.

This could be caused almost literally by anything between the user and the server and storage. I suggest you fire up some Performance Monitor counters and see if you can see what's going on.
--

Ed Crowley MVP
"There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

"The-Yeti" wrote in message news:27e0a9e8-d1e5-453b-941c-8201e0527c6b...

Hi,

I have a problem where a number of people are having to wait for up to 2 minutes for their Outlook to display other users calendars, at other times they will display instantly and this happens intermittently at various times during the day. For instance, you can view the calendar first thing in the morning then an hour or so later view it again and it takes ages. This is mostly evident on our citrix terminal users. However, it does not seem to affect everyone and as I've said, those it affects it only happens occassionally.

I'm wondering if this is an Exchange (2003) or a client (Outlook 2003) thing? Bieng citrix there is no cached mode on the clients.

Anyone have any ideas on how to speed things up? Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

E

Elvis Wei

Hi,

As you metioned this is mostly evident on the citrix terminal users, if it is possiable, how about try to bypass citrix? Does the same issue occur?

Please also could test the issue in OWA and let us know the result.

As Ed said, you could use some monitor software and try to track if there is a network issue.

Thanks,

Elvis

Status
Not open for further replies.