Calendar sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mind IT

Hello -

UserA wants to share calendar with UserB. I select properties on UserA's calendar and go to permissions. I add UserB to the list and give them editor rights, then save and close. I reboot both Users machines. I open UserB's Outlook and open the shared calendar and get the following error "The calendar folder could not be found". I verify that UserB is in the permissions list (and she is, with editor permission).

What could be the problem?

Note: I have taken the exact same steps with a different user (sharing UserC with UserB) and it works. Furthermore, I have tried same steps with yet another user (sharing UserA with UserD) and the same error is reported on UserD's Outlook. Seems like there is something wrong with UserA's calendar (since sharing works with all other scenarios).

Exchange 2007 SP1
SBS 2008 SP1
Outlook 2007 SP2 on all clients

Thanks
MindIT

J

James-Luo

Please check if DACL status is “GOOD” on User A"s calendar by using PFDavAdmin

1. Launch tool on client [Install NET Framework 1.1 at first]

2. “File” menu->”connect”->select “mailbox” to connect->OK

3. Go to User A"s mailbox, right-click the calendar folder->”Folder permissions”

4. Check the “DACL state” on the right-up corner

Please backup all calendar items, remove the default calendar folder on the User A"s outlook, and then launch the outlook with /ResetFolders switch to restore the default calendar folder, see if the issue still persists

Please move the User A"s mailbox into another mailbox database, and then see if the issue still appear

James Luo

M

Mind IT

I get an error after connecting to the mailbox.

It says "Could not expand https://exchangeservernetbiosname/exchange there is no such object on the server".

The server is an Exchange 2007 server and that path looks like an OWA path for an Exchange 2003 server. If I choose a specific mailbox and put in a custom path it cannot find it either. I tried https://exchangeservernetbiosname/owa and it returned a LONG error. I think the meat of that error is Failed to connect using secure url. The remote server returned an error (440) Login Timeout. Failed to connect using unsecure URL. The server returned and error 404 Not Found.

Please advise.

Thanks

J

James-Luo

Is it the exchange 2007 on the SBS 2008 server environment?

“If you are running the Mailbox server role and the Client Access server role on the same computer … The default legacy virtual directories are as follows: /Public, /Exchweb, /Exchange, and /Exadmin”

--------Refer to <Managing Outlook Web Access Virtual Directories in Exchange 2007>

I think the /exchange virtual directory should exist on the exchange server, please refer my suggestions in this thread to create the missing virtual directory

Which version do you have? Here"s the version 2.6

Where do you launch the tool? How did you fill in the &ldquo;Connect&rdquo; window?

Please enable the Anonymous is enabled on the /ExAdmin virtual directory

James Luo

M

Mind IT

Ultimately had to delete UserA's user account, recreate and setup sharing again.

DACL procedure did not correct the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
GregS Simple calendar sharing doesn't work Using Outlook 6
Diane Poremsky Sharing Outlook Calendar and Contacts New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky Sharing Outlook Calendar and Contacts over the Internet New Slipstick.com Articles 0
O Calendar Sharing - From This Date On? Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2007 Error sharing Calendar: Error while preparing to send sharing message Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
A Sharing calendar Using Outlook 1
J Company calendar sharing problems Using Outlook 2
B Outlook Calendar Sharing - Multiple Time zones Using Outlook 1
U Trouble for sharing Calendar Using Outlook 3
S Calendar sharing problmes between Outlook 2007 &amp; 2010 Exchange Server Administration 0
J Joint Calendar Sharing - Editing Using Outlook 1
B Sharing Calendar in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
S calendar email sharing not working Using Outlook 1
N Calendar Sharing Error Using Outlook 2
C Sharing a calendar Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2011 - Connection to Exchange Dropping & Sharing Calendar Issues Exchange Server Administration 2
B Calendar sharing is not working from Outlook Anywhere outside the Network Exchange Server Administration 1
D Sharing a Calendar across different Exchange Organizations Exchange Server Administration 6
B Sharing my calendar with my husband's computer Using Outlook 2
K Linking/sharing calendar in Sharepoint Workspace 2010 with calendar in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
B Internet Calendar Sharing with Exchange 2010 Sp1 Error "URL is not Valid" Exchange Server Administration 4
R Outlook Sharing Calendar with Exchange Using Outlook 0
M Sharing Calendar Update-time. Using Outlook 5
B Sharing Calendar Formatting Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 2007 calendar Sharing issue Exchange Server Administration 3
J Error with sharing calendar Using Outlook 1
L Sharing only 9-5 (work hours) in Outlook 2010 Calendar Using Outlook 1
K OWA 2010 - Any way to customize the Calendar Sharing Invitation? Exchange Server Administration 1
F Sharing Contact data and contact comments with Calendar Using Outlook 7
B Calendar Sharing between Outlook 2003 and 2007 - is it possible? Using Outlook 1
B Private Appts. in Outlook 2007 Calendar Sharing Using Outlook 2
E I have a question about Calendar sharing/syncing Using Outlook 3
M Sharing calendar from outlook 2007 on desktop to new laptop using 2010 Using Outlook 1
N Outlook 2010 calendar sharing with Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 5
D Calendar sharing between Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 1
N Calendar sharing between Exhcnage 2010 and Outlook 2003 Exchange Server Administration 3
A Sharing Outlook Calendar created in 2007 with 2003 users Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2010 calendar sharing not working Using Outlook 3
K Calendar Sharing not available error message Using Outlook 14
M In Outlook Calendar remove the buttons: 'Today' and '<' (Back a day) and '>' (Forward a day) that are below the Ribbon and above the calendar display. Using Outlook 0
U Macro for reminders,tasks,calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
O Calendar - appointment templates and categories Using Outlook 1
HarvMan Outlook 365 Calendar Using Outlook 12
A calendar invites sent from Microsoft Outlook to Mac Outlook is not working Calendar Printing Assistant 2
P Categorize in Calendar not listed under tags in Office 365 (Office 2016) Using Outlook 5
O Export Outlook calendar appointments by filters and date range Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Weekend View in Calendar Using Outlook 1
D Add date next to day name in Outlook Today calendar view Using Outlook 1
A Birthdays from .csv to Calendar - arriving day behind Using Outlook 5
C Put Day of Year into Outlook Calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2