Subfolder access through root folder in MS Outlook2003

• Thread starter Sajid Shehri
  • Start date Views 691
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sajid Shehri

Is it possible to give access to my mailbox to my colleagues directly from client. when we share our mailbox we get the access to inbox only. I need to provide access to all my subfolders by using the permission on my root folder. one by one giving access is hectic job. Please suggest any hotfix to be applied on the server so that we can have this functionality.

L

Lee Derbyshire [MVP]

I have OL2003 here. When I right-click on the mailbox root (where it says Mailbox - MyFirstname MyLastname), I see both Sharing and Properties in the context menu. I assume you can extend permissions to other users from there. Did you try it?
www.owa-pda.com
email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m

R

Richard Wang

Hi,

Please follow the below steps:

1. Open the target mailbox

2. Right click on the particular folder you want to grant the access to and choose Properties

a. Choose the Permissions tab

b. Click Add and from the address list choose the user to grant access to and then click okay

c. Choose the reviewer right and then click okay

3. Right-click on the Mailbox &ndash; <Target Mailbox Display Name> folder and choose Properties.

a. Choose the Permissions tab

b. Click Add and from the address list choose the user to grant access to and then click okay

c. Leave the role as None and select the &ldquo;Folder Visible&rdquo; permission and then click okay

Thanks,

Richard.

R

Richard Wang

Have you any updates?

I'm looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,

Richard

Your expertise never fails to impress :)

J

JEHill

Richard, your answer works perfectly for a single folder. We would like to know how to grant privledges on the Inbox and have those privledges automatically get applied to the subfolders under the Inbox.

Granting privledges to each subfolder is a large PITA and one also has to remember to grant privledges for any new sub folders added.

Regards,

JHill

James Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.