Outlook connection problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gsquad

I have a problem with a new exchange 2010 setup, this is my first exchange install and setup.
Everything is working as it should be apart from any outlook client trying to use outlook anywhere. OWA is working prefectly and I can sync with iphone but when I try to setup outlook i get the following error "Cannot open your default e-mail folders. You do not have permission to log on." This error occurs after I put in my user name and password. I have also given permission to the the users mailbox in EMC.
Any help would be great!
Thanks

R

Ripu Daman

Hi,

Kindly ensure these thing :

1. Don't use the image file for OS on VMWare or Hyper-v or on real server.
2. If you want to use the Image file then before installing anything on the image or before joining the computer in domain you should change the SID of system.
And if not a VM then these steps :
As OWA is fine - Its not Mailbox Permission issue. It should be Outlook <=> Exchange 2010 Communication issue.
Try the following ..
Steps:
1. Remove the Old Outlook profiles , OST , Application datas from your XP Machine.
2. Run the following command for that particular user in Exchange 2010 Shell.
Set-CASMailbox -Identity John -MAPIEnabled $true
3. Create new Profile in Add Remove programs -> Mails
4. Enable the Outlook Encryption in Profile
4. Run the command from Run Outlook.exe /resetfolders
5. Make sure "Ms Exchange RPC Client Access Service" is started and running in Exchange CAS Role.

Try these steps and Please Let us know the status.

Ripu Daman Mina | MCSE 2003 & MCSA Messaging

G

gsquad

Hi Thanks for your reply!

I tried what you sugguested

1. Remove the Old Outlook profiles , OST , Application datas from your XP Machine.
2. Run the following command for that particular user in Exchange 2010 Shell.
Set-CASMailbox -Identity John -MAPIEnabled $true
3. Create new Profile in Add Remove programs -> Mails
4. Enable the Outlook Encryption in Profile
4. Run the command from Run Outlook.exe /resetfolders
5. Make sure "Ms Exchange RPC Client Access Service" is started and running in Exchange CAS Role.

However still no Luck

It happens on any OS windows 7, xp and vista with any version of outlook i have tried outlook 2003, 2007 and 2010 beta.

G

gsquad

I think i may have found a problem please correct me if i am wrong.

Not sure how to fix it.

when i run the command Get-OutlookAnywhere

I get the following out put

An IIS directory entry couldn't be created. The error message is Access is denied.
.. HResult = -2147024891
+ CategoryInfo : NotInstalled: (mailboxserver\Rpc (Default Web Site):ADObjectId) [Get-OutlookAnywhere]
IISGeneralCOMException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : 4A31A382,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.SystemConfigurationTasks.GetRpcHttp

this should point to my CAS server right and not my mailboxserver?

how do i fix this?

G

gsquad

Fix my above error but still getting "Cannot open your default e-mail folders. You do not have permission to log on."

J

James-Luo

Agree with Ripu. It looks like the issue between outlook and exchange server

Whether you use MAPI or HTTPS (outlook anywhere) to launch the outlook?

Have you used the static port mapping for the connection between the client and the server?

Please disable the firewall and anti-virus software on both server and client, see if the issue still appears

Resources:

Error: Cannot Open your default e-mail folders. You do not have permission to log on (Similar issue)

James Luo

P

Patrick Brodeur

Hi,

How did you fix that exactly? That's the only problem I have, OWA is working fine etc, but on the setver itself, when I try to access any IIS related config, I get this error (An IIS directory entry couldn't be created. The error message is Access is denied.. HResult = -2147024891...), and I just don't find a clear solution. I don't know if i'm blind or what, but it just dont find how to fix it. So if you have the solution, please give it to me! I'll be very happy! :)

Patrick Brodeur

MCSE / MCTIP

Patrick Brodeur

R

Ripu Daman

Hi,

let u know that error you are getting & some infra details so that we can sort out the issue.

Ripu Daman Mina | MCSE 2003 & MCSA Messaging

P

Patrick Brodeur

Hi Ripu,

It an Exchange 2010 installed on a Win2k8 R2, DC are Win2k8 and Win2k8 R2 in Win2k8 functional level (forest and domain), it is added to an exchange 2007 organization, I had another Exchange 2k10 in the ornganization few weeks ago, but remove it (lab, and recreated it.). All of that is running in Hyper-V VMs. The other Exchange 2010 I had did not have this problem. OWA is working fine, and the rest too.

The prob&egrave;me is when I try to open any IIS related objects in EMC, I receive en arror message like "An IIS directory entry couldn't be created. The error message is Access is denied.. HResult = -2147024891" and I can't access the object.

I just looked in event viewer, and I realize that the "Access Denied" comes from the Exchangte 2007 server!!! So it gives me a new clue...

Patrick Brodeur

P

Patrick Brodeur

Some more information:

Here is the error I get in event viewer (Raymond2 is my old exchange 2007, and solmtlex01 is the new Exchange 2010) :

(PID 4888, Thread 11) Task Get-OwaVirtualDirectory writing error when processing record of index 0. Error: Microsoft.Exchange.Management.Metabase.IISGeneralCOMException: An IIS directory entry couldn't be created. The error message is Access is denied.

. HResult = -2147024891 ---> Microsoft.Exchange.Management.Metabase.COMDetailException: Access is denied.

Directory Path: IIS://RAYMOND2.solulan.int/W3SVC/1/ROOT/Exchange

Detail:

server name: RAYMOND2.solulan.int

local machine name: SOLMTLEX01

local machine fqdn: SOLMTLEX01.solulan.int ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80070005): Access is denied.

at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boolean throwIfFail)

at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Exists(String path)

at Microsoft.Exchange.Management.Metabase.IisUtility.CreateIISDirectoryEntry(String iisDirectoryEntryPath, TaskErrorLoggingDelegate writeError, Object identity)

--- End of inner exception stack trace -

--- End of inner exception stack trace -
Patrick Brodeur

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G A problem with intermittent Outlook connection Using Outlook 1
S Problem connection Outlook 2010 to Exchange 2003 via POP3 Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2010 connection to exchange 2007 problem Using Outlook 3
K Connection problem with Outlook 2007 and Exchange 2000. Using Outlook 3
H Outlook connection Problem Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2016 IMAP Connection Returns All Email but outlook.com does NOT Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
O Outlook 2016 0x800CCC0F 'The connection to the server was interrupted' Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
J Office 365 and Outlook connection issues Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
M Outlook Email Connection Error Using Outlook 3
K Work Email - Calander Connection to Outlook.com Using Outlook 2
R The action cannot be completed. The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. outlook must be Using Outlook 1
P Outlook Connection Issues Using Outlook 3
A Exchange 2003 Outlook 2010 64 Bit- AutoDiscover Connection Err - Certificate Exchange Server Administration 9
M connection to the microsoft exchange server has been lost. outlook 2007 Exchange Server Administration 0
0 Outlook 2010 causes computer to lose connection when opening and Send/Receive Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 14
S Outlook connector, numerous versions, connection issues Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
T Outlook keep loosing connection to the exchange server Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 2010 encrypted connection type choices, meaning of Auto? Using Outlook 0
O No SSL-IMAP connection Outlook <-> Exchange 2010 after latest client updates? Using Outlook 3
A outlook 2010, windows 7, exchange server: "The action cannot be completed. The connection to Micro Using Outlook 1
S Connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server has been lost. Outlook will restore the connection when Using Outlook 2
P Outlook 2010 random status connection changes Using Outlook 1
C Outlook 2010 with BCM - Database Connection problems using Windows 7 Clients Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2011 - Connection to Exchange Dropping & Sharing Calendar Issues Exchange Server Administration 2
D when trying to get into outlook error message reads connection to microsoft exchange is unavailable. Using Outlook 4
P Internet Connection is working but Outlook will not connect Using Outlook 2
S Outlook 2007, Exchange 2010, Forefront 2010: When using Outlook over http, it loses its connection t Exchange Server Administration 8
C Outlook connection to Exchange 2010 showing disconnected Exchange Server Administration 6
Q when i try to use outlook i get the message the name connot be resoved. the connection to microsoft Using Outlook 2
P Outlook 2010 connection and reopen problems____ Using Outlook 3
P Certificate Question; Internal Outlook Connection Using Outlook 2
J Outlook 2010 losing connection to Exchange 2010 server when sending and opening calendar events Using Outlook 2
J Outlook 2010 losing connection to Exchange 2010 server when sending and opening calendar events Exchange Server Administration 2
C Outlook XP keeps dropping connection to Exchange 2007 Using Outlook 3
B Can't setup Outlook for Mac 2011 with Exchange Server 2010 - Connection Issue Exchange Server Administration 8
P Outlook RPC Connection - Exchange 2007 Using Outlook 2
J Can I use just my Hotmail account with Outlook 2007? "The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavai Using Outlook 2
H Outlook 2010 l No sync at home Office with DSL Internet Connection (cached Mode) Using Outlook 2
D Intermittent Connection Between Outlook '03 and Exchange '03 Using Outlook 5
M outlook connection Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 2007 connection to HTTP Proxy Using Outlook 1
B The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complet Using Outlook 6
S The action cannot be completed. The Connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. outlook must be Using Outlook 2
N Connection to Microsoft Exchange has been lost. Outlook will restore the connection when possible Using Outlook 15
D Outlook via the VPN connection Using Outlook 1
T Outlook Slow Connection To Exchange Using Outlook 3
A when I start outlook i get a message 'the connection to the microsoft echange is unavailable. outlook must be connected or online to complete thi Using Outlook 4
R Outlook 2010 Connection issues using Exchange 2003 Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2007 IMAP Connection Blocked Using Outlook 4
F Outlook 2010 - Windows 7 (no outgoing mail from home internet connection incoming only) Using Outlook 2