Outlook 2003 Email stuck in Outbox when using a non-admin ID

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RonDLP

Hi Guys,

I was asked to post this query here. So here it goes.. We just recently implemented LUA (Least-user Access Privilege) in our company. Our OS mostly runs on windows XP SP3. During the implementation we have encountered this problem on a few numbers of computers -> the email get stuck in outbox when a restricted user id/account is used. When the ID is given an administrative privilege, the email gets through.

Any idea and suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Facts:

No error is being provided by the system. The email is just stuck in the outbox We did not install or the computer niether have add-ons installed The PST is working perfectly

We have already performed the following but to no avail:

Gave the user id full control access to the PST file Uninstall/reinstall outlook 2003 Created a new profile

Other Information:

The running AV is Trendmicro version 10.0 The XP firewall is up We are using Exchange

Thanks... /Ron

E

Ed Crowley [MVP]

What version of Exchange?
--

Ed Crowley MVP
"There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

"RonDLP" wrote in message news:0f8a2fb6-fe78-45b1-b37a-2dfe99172f16...

Hi Guys,

I was asked to post this query here. So here it goes.. We just recently implemented LUA (Least-user Access Privilege) in our company. Our OS mostly runs on windows XP SP3. During the implementation we have encountered this problem on a few numbers of computers -> the email get stuck in outbox when a restricted user id/account is used. When the ID is given an administrative privilege, the email gets through.

Any idea and suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Facts:

No error is being provided by the system. The email is just stuck in the outbox We did not install or the computer niether have add-ons installed The PST is working perfectly

We have already performed the following but to no avail:

Gave the user id full control access to the PST file Uninstall/reinstall outlook 2003 Created a new profile

Other Information:

The running AV is Trendmicro version 10.0 The XP firewall is up We are using Exchange

Thanks... /Ron

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

R

RonDLP

Hi Ed. We are using Exchange 2007. Another test that we did was to re-format one of the affected PC and re-installed everything, log on to the computer using a restricted ID then tried the process. The sending of email works. But of course this is something that we dont want to do becuase this will cost us additional manhour.

Thanks for having interest and taking time to help us find a solution to the problem.

G

Gen Lin

Hi,

"When the ID is given an administrative privilege, the email gets through. " Is it local administrative privilege?

Does the issue persist when the user log into another computer by his domain account?

1. Please verify if XP client can resolve the NETBIOS name and FQND of exchange server. Run ipconfig /flushDNS to flush the DNS cached and then test the problem again.

2. Disjoin and rejoin the client to domain.

3. Test the problem in exchange online mode:

===========================

a. Click Tools->Options->Mail setup tab->E-mail Accounts.

b. Highlight the outlook account, click Change.

c. Uncheck the "Use Cached Exchange mode" checkbox and restart the outlook.

What's result?

E

Ed Crowley [MVP]

How is the Outlook profile configured, i.e., what service? You're not trying to send by SMTP, are you? Is the Windows Firewall turned on, and if so, is it configured for Outlook's exceptions?
--

Ed Crowley MVP
"There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

"RonDLP" wrote in message news:9b4d8a48-2dc9-4a76-a339-b65e9365b4f1...

Hi Ed. We are using Exchange 2007. Another test that we did was to re-format one of the affected PC and re-installed everything, log on to the computer using a restricted ID then tried the process. The sending of email works. But of course this is something that we dont want to do becuase this will cost us additional manhour.

Thanks for having interest and taking time to help us find a solution to the problem.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

R

RonDLP

Hi Lin,

Yes, the privilege that were given to the user id is Local Admin.

The user email works when it is being setup on a different computer using his domain account.

We've followed everyting that you have suggested but still unable to make it work. I've check the log of the event viewer under application and saw this error:

Event ID: 27 Source: Outlook Description: The operation failed

Tried to google it but I was unable to find any applicable solution...

G

Gen Lin

Hi,

I think the problem resides in the user's Windows profile. Please try to create a new Windows profile and see the result:

1. Log into the particular computer by administrator account.

2. Go to C:\document and settings copy the user's profile to another drive as a Backup.

3. Right click My Computer and choose properties.

4. On Advanced tab, click the Settings under "User profile"

5. Delete the user's profile who cannot send messages.

6. Log into this computer by the user's account. A new profile will be created for this user.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Outlook 2003 email sending & receiving suddenly stopped working Using Outlook 3
glnz How set up new IMAP on Outlook-Office 365 and merge in pst from Outlook 2003 for same two email accounts? Using Outlook 5
X Outlook 2003 not sending all of the new email message Using Outlook 1
G Outlook 2003 I need to move email to folder based on subject, using wild card Using Outlook 0
R Menus in a new\old email not there in Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 2
C starting Outlook 2003 sp3 sets Junk Email setting to 'No automatic filtering' Using Outlook 3
O Can't create new email or access email acounts Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2003 Email POP3 a/c Using Outlook 1
S Email editor, Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 4
K Outlook 2003 Inbox Unread Email Displayed Fonts Using Outlook 2
L cannot send email from Internet Explorer in Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 12
M Windows 7 and outlook 2003 email. Using Outlook 2
R Can't see jpg signature in Outlook 2003 after email is sent Using Outlook 3
L I am getting error code OX800CCC78 when I try to send and email in Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 1
S Can't make Outlook 2003 default email in Windows 7 Using Outlook 3
C Outlook 2003 (or Exchange 2003): Automatically coptying someone on outbound email Using Outlook 2
G Outlook 2003 cannot set unique email signatures for multiple profiles and accounts. Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2003: Insert, Item: Unable to insert an old email into a new email Using Outlook 2
H " Instead of Email Recipient Names in Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 5
P Outlook 2003 - Godaddy email cannot connect Using Outlook 2
I one Email account dumps to Windows/Temp (!)? Outlook 2003 SP3 Using Outlook 1
B Importing emails and email folders Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2003 can't send email and keep popping for password Using Outlook 7
G Trial Outlook 2010 Export email and contact Records to Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 1
M Need to take names and email addresses from excel 2003 and put into outlook to email. Using Outlook 4
M Can't open a link within email using outlook 2003. My laptop is windows office 2007. Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2003 Email Send/Receive error: The operation failed due a registry or registration problem Using Outlook 3
W Windows XP/Outlook 2003: Can I export my Outlook contact list to a web based email account at the server. How can I configure CSV format to comply wit Using Outlook 1
V Outlook 2003 stops receiving email after a few hours. Using Outlook 4
K problems with sending & receiving email in Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 5
K can't send or receive email with Outlook 2003/windows xp Using Outlook 2
B Switching Access from version 2010 to 2007 or 2003 causes Outlook to no longer be able to send or receive email. Using Outlook 2
J Outlook 2003 & Windows 7 - composing email issue Using Outlook 2
M Outlook 2003, email stuck in send mode, cannot delete Using Outlook 1
O Can't send email from outlook 2003 Using Outlook 4
S Outlook 2010 Undeliverable Email Errors over Exchange 2003 Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2003 outgoing email now shows as "preparing to send..." Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 2003 Crashes whenever receiving email from one person with no subject Using Outlook 7
O outlook 2003 email wizard Using Outlook 1
R Can't get one email out of three to work on Outlook 2003/Win7 Using Outlook 1
N Outlook 2003, email signature is justified aligned. Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 2003 email set up Using Outlook 3
G Cannot change spacing in email message with MS Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 1
G Prevent my AT&T email from being imported into Outlook 2003 when I open outlook. Using Outlook 1
S Outlook 2003 not supporting html-format email Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2003 personal folder downloading from Exchange 2003 Some email blank, some email ok, but when return to read again some are blank. Using Outlook 3
W How can I modify an email address when I reply to it? [Outlook 2003] Using Outlook 3
N Outlook 2003 will ONLY send email at startup Using Outlook 1
S Can't receive email with Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 3
S recover deleted items from outlook 2003, without exchange email. Using Outlook 1