Error updating public folder with free/busy information on virtual machine. The error number is 0x80

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous996

Hi

I have found numerous posts on this problem and error messages. and most of them are old, so it seems this problem should have been solved, but yet i'm beating my head to figure out what the problem is. i'm sorry if i'm reviving a problem that's been beaten to death.

we never had any exchange server in the environment before, and were using an old postfix server for mail. we jumped straight to exchange 2007 sp2. we have outlook 2003, 2007, and 2010 clients.

this error " Error updating public folder with free/busy information on virtual machine . The error number is 0x80070005." has showing up and i have not been able to figure out why.

my outlook 2003 clients can't see other user's calendar. " unable to dispaly the folder. the calendar folder could not be found." however, they are able to see another user's calendar who's permissions are set to higher than FREE/BUSY.

my outlook 2007 clients have been fine.

as well, a few users have been getting " 0x8004010f an object cannot be found" .

can anyone shed some insight?

thanks in advance.

A

Anonymous996

Hi Ripu

first, thank you for your help!

i had looked at that article before. in fact, i was missing a folder called " CN=Folder Hierarchies" under " CN=Configuration,DC=Company,DC=com" > " CN=Services" > " CN=Microsoft Exchange" > " CN=organization" > " CN=Administrative Groups" > " CN=Exchange Administrative Groups (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)"

i saw a technet article that mentioned to create a " CN=Folder Hierarchies" , and copy the " CN=Public Folder" from " CN=Configuration,DC=Company,DC=com" > " CN=Services" > " CN=Microsoft Exchange"

see: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc817865(EXCHG.80).aspx

and so i created the " CN=Folder Hierarchies" and copied the " CN=Public Folders" into it and restarted. but yet, the problem persists, with that error message updating free/busy information in public folder with 0x8007005.

it's perplexing because that article describe my error message, some of my symptoms (eg missing CN=Folder Hierarchies and Public Folders), but yet the solution didn't fix it.

i'm stumped.

A

Anonymous996

ok i think i got it. the " Error updating public folder with free/busy information on virtual machine . The error number is 0x80070005." is gone.
the solution is similar to the one mentioned by Ripu. but that was only 1/2 the solution.

i needed to create a " CN=Folder Hierarchies" folder and needed to create a " CN=Public Folder" . after creating them like the post mentioned, i needed to set additional attributes. i followed the steps in this post, and it worked for me, even though it was for a different problem.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesvradmin/thread/1270aa7c-669d-4faa-a355-3980a5eb6cb8

Status
Not open for further replies.