Transferring emails from Outlook Express to Outlook 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

measner42

I have recently upgraded (FINALLY!) from Windows ME to a new computer Windows 7 with MS Office 2010. I am having troubles transferring my emails from Outlook Express to Outlook 2010. I have looked at several of the questions on this forum. I have saved my emails on my old computer (.dbx files) and have transferred them to my new computer. I have tried importing them that way (File - Import, etc).

However, I also read that you cannot import from Outlook Express any more. I tried downloading Windows Live, which had me create a hotmail account. However, I do not see any place on there to import my old files. I would appreciate any help!

C

Chyavan, Microsoft Support

Hi,

I am afraid there is no direct method to import dbx files to Outlook 2010. If your old computer is still with you, you can install Outlook application in your old computer. After installing Outlook, you can just import all the emails from Outlook Express in to Outlook application. This will convert the dbx file to pst, then you can transfer the pst file to your new computer.

Chyavan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Transferring POP emails from Outlook 2002 to Outlook.com email in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 8
G Transferring Outlook Express emails and address books to Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
R Emails not transferring with Task Set up Using Outlook 1
X Problem Transferring Subset of Outlook 2013 Contacts to iPad/iPhone Using Outlook 5
E Contact's Notes field not transferring when forwarding vCard Using Outlook 6
C Transferring everything from a desktp[ to a laptop Using Outlook 1
G Transferring Office 2002 (XP) PST into Win7 (64) Office 2010 Using Outlook 1
R Transferring Contacts, Calendar and Tasks to another computer Using Outlook 0
D Transferring Outlook email account settings between computers? Using Outlook 3
C Installing Outlook 2003 on a new Windows 7 Desktop and transferring data via Easy Transfer Using Outlook 3
R Re: transferring folders Using Outlook 1
A transferring outlook 2007 e-mail folders to outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
P transferring e-mails fro Outlook Express to Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
B Transferring Outlook Info to new computer? Using Outlook 2
J Transferring Sorted Messages to Outlook on a New Computer-Keep Messages on Server (not Exchange) Using Outlook 4
D Transferring Calendar from old hard drive to new computer? Using Outlook 1
T Transferring contact list and calender Using Outlook 1
B No address book after transferring to Office Outlook 2007 w/Win7 using Easy Transfer from 2003__ Using Outlook 2
L Transferring pop 3 account from Yahoo Mail to Outlook__ Using Outlook 1
L Transferring pop 3 account from Yahoo Mail to Outlook Using Outlook 2
B Transferring Outlook 2003 data to Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 1
N Transferring Outlook files from one computer to another Using Outlook 1
F Transferring to Office 2010 Using Outlook 3
J Transferring data from outlook 2003 .pst file to outlook 2007? Using Outlook 2
J Transferring files to Outlook Using Outlook 1
W Transferring email files to a new computer Using Outlook 1
S Transferring AutoComplete List Using Outlook 5
S Transferring data from one version of Outlook to another. Using Outlook 1
C Transferring contact list to Entourage Using Outlook 1
L Transferring Calendar into someoneelse's account Using Outlook 1
S Transferring Outlook folders/ calendars/ contacts from my old computer to my new computer Using Outlook 1
T Transferring email between mailbox folders Using Outlook 1
M Transferring contact folders from Outlook Express to Outlook 2010 or Windows Live Mail Using Outlook 4
A Run-time error '430' on certain emails when trying to set "Outlook.mailitem" as "ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Moved many emails to Outlook external folder, need to delete on Gmail server Using Outlook 13
P Move emails between 2 mailboxes. Using Outlook 1
R Assign Categories "Round Robin" style but in a shared mailbox but on specific emails only Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
P Outlook for Mac - emails are not sent out beginning last week Using Outlook 1
M Missing emails in Inbox, but are present in webmail Using Outlook 0
A How To Get Body of All Emails to view in Blue Using Outlook 1
A How to get body of all emails in outlook 2016 to view in blue color Using Outlook 1
N Extract Outlook emails to excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Group of emails Using Outlook 1
I Saving attachments from multiple emails and updating file name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R List folders in a combo box + select folder + move emails from inbox to that folder + reply to that email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Assign categories to outgoing emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Outlook 2016 Moving IMAP emails to Exchange Using Outlook 1
P Flagging emails in conversations Using Outlook 2
V Outlook 2016 will not move emails in search results Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2016 Deleting emails without affecting folder structure - Outlook Office 365 Using Outlook 3