How to delete server members from cas array

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Atif Baig

I would like to delete one server from my car array memebers ? is there any way I can delete one server from my car array memeber list ?

all CAS servers are on the same site.

please help ASAP.

Thanks in advance..

T

Triton.Deep

You just need to remove the CAS server from your NLB cluster. I'm assuming you are using NLB. If you are using some other sort of load balancer, then use it and remove the server from the array. Here is a link and a blurb to help you:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc733098.aspx

To remove a host or all hosts from a Network Load Balancing cluster

To open NLB Manager, click Start, click Administrative Tools, and then click Network Load Balancing Manager. You can also open NLB Manager by typing Nlbmgr at a command prompt.

If Network Load Balancing Manager does not list the cluster, connect to the cluster.

To remove a single host, right-click the host on which you want to disable Network Load Balancing, and click Delete Host.

A

Atif Baig

We are using an F5 Load Balancer. Only two of the three are configured for the F5. Question is when we run get-clientaccessserver it shows three of our CAS servers. We want to remove the other CAS server that is dedicated for OWA. Is there a way of doing this or is it automatic based on where the CAS servers reside.

A

Atif Baig

when I do [PS] C:\Windows\system32>Get-ClientAccessArray

Name Site Fqdn Members
---- ---- ---- ----- Internal CAS Array AD-Site casarray.contoso.local {SRVCS01, SRVCS02, SRVEXCS01}

I would like to remove SRVEXCS01 from the member list. how I can do that? We are not using NLB.

T

Triton.Deep

The "Members" attribute of the get-clientaccessarray cmdlet will list all Exchange 2010 CAS servers in the local AD site. IE, the only way to have it not be listed is to uninstall the CAS role. The F5 Load Balancer(or WNLB for those of you using WNLB) is what determines what gets used, not the members list. If you removed SRVEXCS01 from the F5 Load Balancer then it should no longer get hit. The only exception to this is if the RPCClientAccessServer attribue for any of your mailboxe databases is pointing directly at that server instead of the CASArray.

Here, run this command:

get-mailboxdatabase | ft name,rpcclientaccessserver

The RPCClientAccessServer value should be the FQDN of your CASArray. If you are retiring the SRVEXCS01 system, the combination of removing it from NLB and making sure it is not listed as the RPCClientAccessServer for any of your databases will do the job. Just have to make sure your your not directing users to it through it's direct IP/FQDN and should be good to go.

If none of that helps, maybe you could share the big picture of what you are trying to do. If this answers your question or was helpful, well..Mark it as answered :)

Hope it helped,

Jason

B

Brian Day MCITP [MVP]

This is correct. The members shown with Get-ClientAccessArray are only returned as they are CAS members within that particular AD site the array is configured for. The members shown are not actually being used automatically, as that is controlled by you and how you configure your load balancer.

My posts are provided “AS IS” with no guarantees, no warranties, and confer no rights.

G

Gavin-Zhang

Hi Atif,
If you run get-clientaccessarray [-Identity <ClientAccessArrayIdParameter>], you could get the specific casarray members.
Regards!
Gavin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Moved many emails to Outlook external folder, need to delete on Gmail server Using Outlook 13
O Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: Cannot delete folder with subfolders. Using Outlook 4
I Delete e-mails from server Using Outlook 2
S Outlook 2010 Crashing when trying to delete Exchange Server account. Using Outlook 1
R Losing emails in my main server account, Charter Communications, when I delete emails in the Outlook Using Outlook 2
W Delete messages off server Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 5
E delete messages off server when downloaded to Outlook? Using Outlook 2
D I have Outlook 2007 and want to delete messages from the Yahoo server after downloading them. The instructions were not in your data base. How do I Using Outlook 1
A Cannot delete mail in OWA only after upgrading Exchange Server 2010 to SP1 Exchange Server Administration 30
R Chat wants product code, no code matching the format of the example is on the box. Outlook does not delete downloaded email from the server, help is U Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 2010 won't delete messages from pop3 server. Using Outlook 1
A Delete messages on server Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
W Recurrence: delete older occurrences / change earliest start time Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Attachments.Delete Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
R Help Revising VBA macro to delete email over different time span Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R Expand VBA Permanent Delete Code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
M Delete headers in Inline reply Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
N VBA to delete duplicates by message-id on common pst for 2 or more emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S How can I delete all copies of a given companies logo graphic from all my emails at once? Using Outlook 3
9 Outlook 2016 How to save an Outlook attachment to a specific folder then delete the email it came from? Using Outlook 1
D after delete mail, open the next one Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
O Delete duplicate emails - subscription notifications Using Outlook 5
F Delete/create/reset Exchange mailbox on Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
L Email Read and Delete Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
H Delete Calendar Entries in Using Outlook 2
D Delete Emails from Senders in Shared Mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R How to delete Facebook Contacts folder in Outlook 365 Using Outlook 7
R VBA Code to permanently delete selected email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
JoeG Appointment Delete/Change Recurrence Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C Outlook 2016 cannot delete, email showing in root Exchange Server Administration 5
C How to replace or delete first instance of sentence in mail body? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Z Can't delete IMAP folder Using Outlook 2
J Delete old emails Exchange Server Administration 1
undercover_smother Automatically Forward All Sent Mail and Delete After Send Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
T Delete Emails from search results Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
I Outlook 2013 How do I delete a Calendar? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
N How to delete default folder "Contacts" (olFolderContacts) in a .pst file Using Outlook 8
O How to delete posts New Slipstick.com Articles 1
B How to 'really' delete IMAP emails? Using Outlook 6
H Search and delete part of a link inside HTML body message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Delete/replace old files and save new attachments Using Outlook 1
D Delete selected text from incoming emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 25
mikolajek Random message selected after hard delete Using Outlook 4
Jeanne Goodman Delete Calendar Item Bypassing Deleted Items folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
C Delete Subject-Add Organizer to all Reservations in Default Calendar. Using Outlook 0
P Delete mail macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
B Outlook 2016: Can't delete default calendar but I don't use it Using Outlook 7
O How to delete duplicate RSS messages? Using Outlook 6
J "This item has been changed still want to delete it" message Using Outlook 3
M Can't Delete iCloud Calendar Notifications From Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 0