Exchange 2010 Archiving

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

ChrisK1

Is it possible with the exchange 2010 archiving to have it archive to a database on another server? I would like to set up archiving servers just to handle the archiving of all the mailboxes I am planning for a migration but I dont want to keep the archiving database on the same server as the mailboxes.

T

TWHarrington

It is not available today. Actually the archive has to be in the same database as the mailbox as well. The ability to segregate the archive mailbox will be available in SP1 of Exchange 2010.

C

ChrisK1

I see on the links you provided that you will be able to move the archives to another database does this include moving it to a database that is on a completely different server than the person's primary mailbox is on?

T

Triton.Deep

I see on the links you provided that you will be able to move the archives to another database does this include moving it to a database that is on a completely different server than the person's primary mailbox is on?
Yes. You can have your primary mailbox on one server and your online archive mailbox on a second server. No problem.

J.

Refrence: http://www.howexchangeworks.com/2010/06/archive-mailbox-improvements-in.html

Jason If it was helpful, vote for it. If it answered your question, mark it as answered. Small thing to do for free help from a strong community :)

C

ChrisK1

Thank you so much for the information. This is just what I was hoping I would be able to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.