exchange 2010 error while installing the client access role

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

johnny77

After installing Exchange 2010, it failed on the initial installation on the client access role and on the mailbox role - not sure why but here is the error that I get when I try to rerun setup again;
Client Access Role
Failed
Error:
The following error was generated when " $error.Clear(); $thisServer = Get-ExchangeServer $RoleFqdnOrName; $adSiteId = $thisServer.Site; $pureMailboxServersFqdns = Get-ExchangeServer | Where {$adSiteId -eq $_.Site -and $_.IsMailboxServer -and -not $_.IsClientAccessServer} | ForEach {$_.Fqdn}; Get-MailboxDatabase | Where { ($pureMailboxServersFqdns -contains $_.RpcClientAccessServer) -and ($adSiteId -eq (Get-ExchangeServer $_.Server).Site)} | Set-MailboxDatabase -RpcClientAccessServer $thisServer" was run: " Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: key" .
Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
Background -> I have an existing Windows 2003 Server running Exchange 2003. The exchange 2010 is running on a new Windows 2008 R2 server.

J

johnny77

I've verified that the server meets the prerequisites and yes, I initially was installing all three at the same time but when I open up the Exchange 2010 setup now, it only shows the Hub as being installed

J

johnny77

Also, since I first posted this, I thought that I would try to uninstall Exchange 2010 but that failed too. Since the Hub was the only thing showing up in the list, I deselected the Mailbox and CAS roles and kept the Hub role selected. Here is the error that I get on this one. Not sure if I need to give you my server name and domain (looking at other tech sites, they seem to give generic info), so my server name is SERVER1 and my domain is DOMAIN1.

This server is going to be my main server. I have another server that is running Windows 2003/Exchange 2003 but I need to upgrade it to Windows 2008 R2 first so that is why I'm moving everthing over to a different server temporarily. The server that I am on is a domain server and once I have my existing Win2k3 server upgraded to Windows 2008, I will move the Exchange back over to that one.

Anyhow, here is the error that I now receive

Mailbox Role
Failed

Error:
The following error was generated when " $error.Clear(); $a=Get-ExchangeServer -Identity $RoleFqdnOrName; if ($a.IsClientAccessServer) { start-SetupService -ServiceName W3SVC }" was run: " The operation couldn't be performed because object 'SERVER1.domain1.ca.local' couldn't be found on 'SERVER1.domain1.ca.local'." .

The operation couldn't be performed because object 'SERVER1.domain1.ca.local' couldn't be found on 'SERVER1.domain1.ca.local'.

J

johnny77

And, one last piece of info. When I try to uninstall Exchange 2010, this is the error;

Mailbox Role
Failed

Error:
The following error was generated when " $error.Clear(); $a=Get-ExchangeServer -Identity $RoleFqdnOrName; if ($a.IsClientAccessServer) { start-SetupService -ServiceName W3SVC }" was run: " The operation couldn't be performed because object 'SERVER1.domain1.ca.local' couldn't be found on 'SERVER1.domain1.ca.local'." .

The operation couldn't be performed because object 'SERVER1.domain1.ca.local' couldn't be found on 'SERVER1.domain1.ca.local'.

G

Gavin-Zhang

Hi john,
It is diffiuclt to resolve why not uninstall the exchange 2010 sever, but it is good way to reinstall the exchange 2010 server. I would rebuild the box, and then reinstall the exchange 2010 server, but note, use the same server name as your orginal name, the new installation would recovery the legacy information.
Some useful information for you:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd638130.aspx
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb123715.aspx
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124778.aspx
http://blogs.technet.com/b/ferris/archive/2010/03/05/howto-install-exchange-2010-step-by-step.aspx
Regards!
Gavin

J

johnny77

My problem is, is that I can't uninstall it now. My previous message shows the error that I receive when I try to uninstall it

G

Gavin-Zhang

Hi john,
Sure, per my experience, the best way to uninstall the exchange server is to reinstall it successfully, and then uninstall it, or manually remove it.
Some information from here.
Regards!
Gavin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Exchange 2010 / Outlook 20070 "client error in synchronization log" Exchange Server Administration 1
T Exchange 2010: 'could not save item' and 'Unknown error' when edit calendars Exchange Server Administration 1
M Exchange Server 2010 Installation error ""The domain is invalid. Property Name: Domain" Exchange Server Administration 4
J exchange 2010 error log Exchange Server Administration 0
S New Outlook 2003 Clients with Existing Exchange 2010 error's Exchange Server Administration 6
S Exchange server 2010 installation error Exchange Server Administration 3
D Exchange 2010 SP1 OWA "reply" or "forward" error Exchange Server Administration 3
J Exchange 2010 SP1 fails at Mailbox Error Unable to load exrpc32.dll Exchange Server Administration 4
I Error when install Service pack 1 on Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 5
D Exchange 2010 SP1 topology prep error Exchange Server Administration 3
D Outlook 2003 is getting an error when trying to open an exchange 2010 mailbox Exchange Server Administration 5
S Exchange 2010 SP1 OWA Error Exchange Server Administration 2
C Exchange server 2010 error "The Autodiscover service couldn't be located." Exchange Server Administration 1
P Error 4999 after Exchange 2010 SP1 - No BES server Exchange Server Administration 12
J CANNOT get rid of Exchange 2010 error "An IIS directory entry couldn't be created. The error message Exchange Server Administration 2
D Exchange 2010 Load Generator Error Exchange Server Administration 0
A Hub Trasport error !!!! while exchange 2010 setup Exchange Server Administration 5
S exchange 2010 DPM 2010 (inconsistent state error) Exchange Server Administration 8
B 500 error after authenticating in OWA - Exchange 2010 Using Outlook 1
M WBADMIN Scheduled Backup for Exchange 2010 Fails with Event ID 544 Error Exchange Server Administration 5
S Exchange 2010 ACE Error Exchange Server Administration 3
M Exchange 2010 log error: MSExchangeMailboxAssistants 14029 FreeBusy Assistant Using Outlook 1
L Exchange 2010 SP1 Pre-Req error Exchange Server Administration 2
S Exchange 2010 OWA error 404 with IE 8 Exchange Server Administration 1
S Exchange 2010 SearchIndex-Error after database move Exchange Server Administration 6
M Error Publishing Exchange 2010 SP1 OWA through ISA 2006 SP2 Exchange Server Administration 14
C Now the problem I see is that I get an error when installing the Exchange 2010 SP 1. I attach a scre Exchange Server Administration 10
A Sync error in exchange 2010 mailbox Exchange Server Administration 4
K Error Contacting RPC/HTTP Service error in Exchange Server 2010 Using Outlook 8
J How to uninstall Exchange 2003 in Exchange 2010 co-exist environment - Error: Recipient Update Servi Exchange Server Administration 4
M Exchange 2010 SP1 installation error Exchange Server Administration 5
C Active Directory error applying Exchange 2010 SP1 Exchange Server Administration 4
A Error setting up new Exchange Server 2010 on Win2008R2Domain Controller - Couldn't find the Enterpri Exchange Server Administration 4
A Error Installing Exchange 2010 SP1 on Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 5
R Send as permission error Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 9
K Error moving mailbox back to Exchange 2003 from Exchange 2010. Exchange Server Administration 5
M Cant get Exchange 2010 Update Roll up 4 to install. Error: the upgrade patch cannot be installed by Exchange Server Administration 8
Y Task reported error 0x80040105f - Outlook 2010 Multple Exchange Accounts Using Outlook 8
D Outlook 2007 with Exchange 2010 sync error Exchange Server Administration 3
D Mobile Acess to MS Exchange 2010 - "connection to the server failed" error Using Outlook 2
R New meeting request error in Outlook 2010 on a exchange server Using Outlook 3
B 2010 Setup Error - "One or more servers running Exchange 2000" Exchange Server Administration 5
S Exchange 2010 to SP1 Upgrade: Reboot error Exchange Server Administration 1
M Exchange server 2010 installation failed with hub transport server role error Exchange Server Administration 5
O New Exchange 2010 setup with two domains and Error in setup Exchange Server Administration 3
C Exchange 2010 VSS error while taking Backup through Symantec exec 2010 Exchange Server Administration 6
A Exchange 2010 sp1. When i dismount a mailbox database occur error in event viewer Exchange Server Administration 5
A Exchange 2010 sp1. Error opening a bookmark in the EMC Exchange Server Administration 2
W Error Message Office 2010 'the connection to microsoft exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action' Exchange Server Administration 1
M Exchange server 2010 initialization error Exchange Server Administration 5