Delete email from outbox, error message ' this file cannot be deleted because it has been moved or you have been denied access.'

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DadKel

I have an emal 'stuck' in the "Outbox", that will not delete. I have tried to 'delete', 'move', 'archive', etc., all to no avail. I get an error message in each case that basically says "this file cannot be deleted because it has been moved or you have been denied access"

S

Sachin Shetty

When you are trying to send e-mails with attachments of a larger size it tends to get stuck in outbox. Ty to move it to the drafts folder. If you are not able to move it follows these steps:-

1. Click on the office button

2. Click on work offline.

3. Close outlookand re-open it.

4. Delete the e-mail stuck in outbox or move it to drafts.

5. Click on the File menu and click onwork offline again (This will bring outlook back to online mode)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S delete an email in Outbox that has started transmission Using Outlook 1
S I am not able to delete an email stuck in my outbox. All of the various delete actions have been tried without success. Using Outlook 2
M Can't delete an email that won't clear from the outbox. Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
H Email stuck in Outbox and cannot delete it. Using Outlook 3
T how do I delete email from outbox...they are stuck Using Outlook 1
D Bulk email blocking my outbox, and I cannot delete it Using Outlook 1
D Bulk email blocking my outbox, and I cannot delete it Using Outlook 1
M I have an email with photo attachment stuck in Outbox. When I try to delete it says, "THis item coul Using Outlook 2
R Help Revising VBA macro to delete email over different time span Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
9 Outlook 2016 How to save an Outlook attachment to a specific folder then delete the email it came from? Using Outlook 1
L Email Read and Delete Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
R VBA Code to permanently delete selected email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
C Outlook 2016 cannot delete, email showing in root Exchange Server Administration 5
L Outlook 2007 Delete Email Addresses Using Outlook 19
D Delete previous email based on arrival of new email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Can't delete imap email from Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 4
makinmyway How can I easily identify and delete from my contacts defunct email addresses? Using Outlook 2
P How to delete email addresses from auto-complete list? Using Outlook 2
S Outlook 2013 - All rules simply delete the email Using Outlook 1
T How To Delete AN Email Acoount Without Losing The Data File? Using Outlook 1
J Mass find & delete email addresses from address book. Using Outlook 3
D Cannot Delete Individual Email - Greyed Out Using Outlook 12
P Permanently delete an open email??? Using Outlook 4
J Can't find, remove or delete defective/bad email address Using Outlook 6
S Delete an email automatically from a name in the TO box Using Outlook 3
D Office 2010 - Delete email not closing and deleting anymore. Using Outlook 1
T Cannot delete single email in INBOX, delete grayed out Using Outlook 7
D Delete an email with a video attachment. I can't delete or move it. System shows "not responding" wi Using Outlook 2
I My "DELETE" key does not work when I am in my Outlook email but works when in other emails such as G Using Outlook 2
G When I delete a contact's email address it continues to appear Using Outlook 2
M 'Unknown error' when trying to delete an email Using Outlook 3
W How do I set Rules and Alerts to permanently delete email with certain words in the senders email ad Using Outlook 2
N How to delete email messages from outlook cache?__ Using Outlook 2
M Outlook 2003, email stuck in send mode, cannot delete Using Outlook 1
K Some user cannot delete email in OWA Exchange 2010 SP1 Exchange Server Administration 5
L How do I delete unneeded email addresses? Using Outlook 2
C Unable to delete messages from Inbox in Outlook 2003, only with my new email address. Using Outlook 1
J How to deactivate /delete autosaved email addresses that appear when I enter an email address in a new mail message Using Outlook 3
O Exchange 2010 Policy to delete email Exchange Server Administration 4
P Is it possible to delete an individual from a Distribution List when composing an email using OWA? Using Outlook 2
M stop transmission/delete email already in progress Using Outlook 2
R Chat wants product code, no code matching the format of the example is on the box. Outlook does not delete downloaded email from the server, help is U Using Outlook 1
P Unable to delete email after reading Using Outlook 2
R Can I delete the 'To' email address history that automatically pops up in Outlook 2003? Using Outlook 1
I Two email accounts, want one consolidated calendar, can't delete second calendar and two reminders p Using Outlook 1
S I cannot delete email from an account. Using Outlook 6
G How Do I Keep Outlook 2010 From Going Back To The Inbox After I Delete A Email Using Outlook 2
C Delete an email being sent Using Outlook 1
S cant delete email From Draft of OWA 2007 Using Outlook 11
C I have an email stuck in my outlook out box and the system will not let me delete it. How do I remove it? Using Outlook 1