Failed to find the address type 'SMTP:AMD64' during cross-forest mailbox move

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jsilber

While migrating mailboxes from a 2003 Org in a seperate forest to an Exchange 2010 org, I'm presented with the following warning in the completed Move Request:

Warning: Unable to update AD information for the source mailbox at the end of the move. Error details: An error occured while updating a user object after the move operation. --> Failed to find the address type object in Active Directory for address type "SMTP:AMD64".

I've checked the Address-Types listed for the Exchange 2003 Org, and sure enough this address type is missing.

What is the proper way to update the Address-Types?

Will adding this Address-Type resolve the legacy mailbox move?

J

jsilber

This is a known bug in the new-moverequest when migrating between forests. I worked this case with Microsft PS and was provided this solution.

I have implemented it with success.

The fix for this issue is in SP1.

WORKAROUND:

============

-This issue is resolved with Exchange 2010 SP1.

-As a "Workaround" you can create the "SMTP:AMD64" Address Type object in your E2k3 forest, using matching values from the object in your E2k10 Forest.

-To simplify this process you can use LDP.EXE to drill down to the DN of the "SMTP:AMD64" Address Type object on a DC in your E2k10 Forest:

-Example of DN:

“CN=SMTP:AMD64,CN=Address-Types,CN=Addressing,CN=First Organization,CN=MicrosoftExchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=B30,DC=LAB”

-Copy this data to notepad to use for the values in creation of the new object in your E2k3 forest.

-You can use ADSIEdit.msc to get all the values as well, and will have to for FileVersion.

Use ADSIEdit.msc to create a new "Object"

For "Select a class:" choose "addrType"

For "Attribute: cn" type "SMTP:AMD64"

For "Attribute: proxyGeneratorDLL" type, "inproxy.dll"

For "Attribute: fileVersion" type, <Value displayed in ADSIEdit.msc for this attribute in your E2k10 Forest>

(I had to use ADSIEdit.msc in the E2k10 forest to get this value. In LDP it just shows as "Binary Blob".)

I first had to locate the FileVersion attribute, select Edit, then Edit value as: and select "Hexadecimal"

I then copied the value: 02 00 B4 00 01 00 0E 00

I then manually converted this to 0x02 0x00 0xb4 0x00 0x01 0x00 0x0e 0x00

I then entered this value for "File Version"

Select Next, select Finish

Force AD Replication in the E2k3 Forest

Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Cannot start Outlook, prompted with “too many failed open attempts” error Can’t find my name in the Microsoft server, what do I do. Using Outlook 2
Mark Foley The upload of "Calendar" failed. There was a problem with the request. Using Outlook 6
S The attempted operation failed ... 2nd time running code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
P Mail delivery failed returning message to sender Using Outlook 1
F 'General failure (URL) Server execution failed' Using Outlook 1
S Outlook 2010 I am getting error code 0x8DE00006 'the operation failed'. outlook 2010 send/receive progress Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
Xueying run a script in rules, first time succeed, failed afterwards Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J An attempt operation failed. An object could not be found at line5. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
H Outlook 2010, "The Operation Failed" Sending emails Using Outlook 4
J New Outlook 2007 form - try to send and get error Operation Failed Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
wallisellener database creation failed BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
S Outlook 2013. Adding office 365 email account causes 'The operation failed' Using Outlook 2
R catalog Content Index failed-Unable to mount database.(hr=0x80004005,ec=-501) Exchange Server Administration 0
M Outlook 2010 Calendar error Operation Failed Using Outlook 6
J Synchronization of some deletions failed [0-130] Exchange Server Administration 6
M Synchronization of some deletions failed [0-130] Using Outlook 3
S Unknown error and The operation failed Using Outlook 1
S The operation failed error while send email to other domain. Using Outlook 1
R "The Operation Failed. The messaging interfaces have returned an unknown error Exchange Server Administration 3
P Sync Center appointments failed to synchronize Using Outlook 1
O WebHost failed to process a request EventID:3 Exchange Server Administration 3
D Operation failed. An object could not be found. Using Outlook 2
S Owa failed to initialize after install of rollup 2 for Exchange 2010 SP1 Exchange Server Administration 9
K !Task 'mailaccountname' reported error (0x8004010F): The operation failed. An object could not be fo Using Outlook 7
A Exchange 2010 Management Console Initialization failed Exchange Server Administration 2
S DAG Content Index failed Exchange Server Administration 2
T Can receive but can not send get error: The attemped operation failed, an object can't be found. Using Outlook 3
T Operation failed due to rgistry or installation problem. Using Outlook 1
P Attempt to fetch logical page in database failed: BCM 2007 Using Outlook 1
T Exchange 2010 DAG Failover Issue - Database Activation Fails because Content Index Catalog Failed Exchange Server Administration 2
S Cluster Name failed to update the DNS record Exchange Server Administration 2
L Exchange 2003 to 2010 Migration - Public Folder Replication Failed - Busy/Free Issue Exchange Server Administration 8
G Outlook 2010: Cannot Open Item Error; and Operation Failed Error when replying!! Using Outlook 2
Y sent to bluetooth failed Using Outlook 1
C When I click send/receive it says 'The Operation failed' Using Outlook 2
K download oab operation failed 0x801901b8 Exchange Server Administration 1
J Getting 5102. Server. Xfs request 'SyncBinary' failed. Response code: 'Undefined' Using Outlook 2
S exporting failed deliveries Using Outlook 2
J Receive mail successfully but failed to deliver into user mailbox - Exchange 2007 Exchange Server Administration 6
M Exchange EMC Initialization Failed from workstation Exchange Server Administration 2
T Route to connector failed Exchange Server Administration 5
T Cas server uninstall failed... Now how to reinstall? Exchange Server Administration 4
S "failed to update headers" message when processing deleted / expired tasks while migrating from Outl Using Outlook 4
D Sync OAB and Task 'Microsoft Exchange' Fails Error 0x8004010F: The operation failed. An object canno Exchange Server Administration 2
N Exchange management console Initialization Failed Exchange Server Administration 4
G Outlook Inbox failed error cod posta electronica Using Outlook 2
N Failed Exchange 2010 SP1 Installation PowerShell "unauthorized operation" Exchange Server Administration 2
D Task "Microsoft Exchange Server" reported error (0x8004010F): 'The operation failed. An object could Exchange Server Administration 3
S Outlook failed to start correctly last time Using Outlook 7
M Outlook 2010 - The attempted operation failed. An object could not be found. Using Outlook 3