Active directory users not appearing in Global address list

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vinay J

Hi all,

Grateful if you can help me....

I have done a fresh installation of MS Exchange 2010.

I have installed the AD and exchange 2010 on same server.

When I am creating a User in the active directory, it is not appearing in the Global Address List when I am looking for it thro Outlook Express.

Can anyone help me pleas??

Many Thnaks

Vinay

V

Vinay J

Hi Rajith,

The user is not appearing in the OWA.

In OWA, it's only displaying the Administrator. The other users are not being displayed.

Grateful if u can help me.

Regards

Vinay

T

Thiyagu14

Hi Vinay,

Have you created a mailbox this user using Exchange MAnagement Console/Shell ?

If not , yo have to create a mailbox first and he should not be hidden from GAL.

thanks

Thiyagu

A

AndyD_ [MVP]

Did you mailbox-enable that user? Creating them in Active Directory isnt enough. You have to use the Exchange tools ( EMC or Powershell) to mailbox enable the account.

G

Gulab Mallah

Hi,

As Andy said, creating user in ADUC won't create mailbox for the user, you will have to create the mailbox for them in EMC or run the command from EMS.

Cheers,

-Gulab

R

Rajith Enchiparambil

I would advise that you create the users from the Exchange Console or Shell, so that the mailbox can be created at the same time.

You can NO longer create mailbox users by using AD Users and Computers alone.

Rajith Enchiparambil | http://www.howexchangeworks.com |

H

Howard Gyton

I know I'm late to the party but something I have noticed is that newly created mailboxes do not automatically appear in the GAL until it is automatically updated. You can check this by going into 'All Users' instead of 'Global Address List'. I believe by default this is updated every morning but since this post is a few days old you will have either noticed that to be the case or something else is wrong.

A

Allen Song

Hi,

That's normal behaviour. Please understand that the GAL filter the user by using mailnickname attribute. This value of the mailnickname attribute is only avaiable after mail enabled the user account. Otherwise, it's only the normal AD account.

Thanks

Allen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Active Directory Management Tools for Administrators New Slipstick.com Articles 0
G Problems with Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS) in Outlook 2013 Exchange Server Administration 0
Diane Poremsky Import Images into the Active Directory New Slipstick.com Articles 0
S How to send an OUTLOOK task to a contact out of my active directory? Using Outlook 2
J Setup mail for Exchange 2010 through Active Directory on Server 2008 R2 Standard Exchange Server Administration 3
T Copied Contact Does Not Update With Active Directory Information Changes Immediately. How Do I Force Update? Using Outlook 1
B Re: Exchange OOF / EWS Problem - The user and the mailbox are in different Active Directory sites Exchange Server Administration 0
D how to give perrmission on calender to user in ACTIVE DIRECTORY Using Outlook 0
T The Microsoft Exchange Active Directory Topology service on server localhost can't be contacted via Exchange Server Administration 2
P Will 'ldap modify' command work on some Active Directory fields? Using Outlook 2
E Event ID 9514 - Two objects in Active Directory have the same proxy address Exchange Server Administration 3
C Active Directory error applying Exchange 2010 SP1 Exchange Server Administration 4
O Exchange 2010 Service Pack 1 Active Directory Schema Exchange Server Administration 1
T Active Directory domain 'FECR' has an unrecognized Exchange signature. Current DomainPrep version: 1 Exchange Server Administration 2
R creating 1 casarray with multiple active directory sites Exchange Server Administration 10
C OWA 2007 New Message Error - Outlook Web Access was unable to access the Active Directory resource Using Outlook 2
C Active Directory does not exist or cannot be contacted Exchange Server Administration 12
C Multiple Domains in one Active Directory Structure Exchange Server Administration 4
A Exchange Server 2010 and Active directory 2003 Exchange Server Administration 5
L How to cleanup active directory after failed Exchange 2010 mailbox role server installation? Exchange Server Administration 5
B The Microsoft Exchange Active Directory Topology service on server localhost can't be contacted via Exchange Server Administration 3
K Local Active Directory domain with .com TLD, customer not owner of the domain Exchange Server Administration 1
D Active Directory Schena Exchange Server Administration 6
M Exchange 2003-2010 transition and Active Directory 2003 to 2008 R2 Migration ? Exchange Server Administration 3
B How to add Active Directory Permissons to Recipient Mangement Security Group to enable members to configure Send As permission in EMC Exchange Server Administration 1
F SMTP Relay to Remote Active Directory Site Exchange Server Administration 4
T Exchange 2010 servers can't communicate with Active Directory Exchange Server Administration 4
B Active Directory Preperation Problems Exchange Server Administration 8
V Upgrade Exchange 2007 to 2010 Active Directory virtual list view Exchange Server Administration 3
S Exchange OOF / EWS Problem - The user and the mailbox are in different Active Directory sites Exchange Server Administration 16
H Active directory response: 00002098: SecErr: DSID-03150BB9, problem 4003 (INSUFF_ACCESS_RIGHTS), dat Exchange Server Administration 6
P Automate Outlook Start - No Active Explorer Object Found Using Outlook 10
E Outlook rule only active certain times of day Using Outlook 6
R HELP!!! Email template with active excel spreadsheet Using Outlook 1
C active/passive broadband connections to maintain various IT services Exchange Server Administration 2
R Went from outlook 2003 to 2010 - can't retrieve active for contacts Using Outlook 0
W active sync Using Outlook 2
E Using with Active Sync, Outlook become unresponsive Using Outlook 5
M 'Send link by E-mail' doesn't provide active link.__ Using Outlook 1
J When a database move from active host in a DAG, user are prompted for credentials Exchange Server Administration 8
D Using Inbox as 'Active' tray, with both incoming and 'sent' mail, with senders and receivers displayed. Using Outlook 1
U Outlook 2010 Ignore Conversation Feature, list of Active Ignored Using Outlook 1
J OWA not working when active database moved Exchange Server Administration 3
S Web Links are not active when using Outlook Web Access 2007 Using Outlook 1
P How can I convert an Outlook 2010 folder to a .pdf with active links like I could in Outlook 2007? Using Outlook 3
S Active Passive DAG seperate DNS namespace Exchange Server Administration 7
B Active Active Site Resilience Exchange Server Administration 3
K publish exchange active sync behind TMG Exchange Server Administration 4
S Active Sync Device ID Using Outlook 2
E Transfer calendar from a .pst to a user's active exchange account? Using Outlook 7