outlook 2007 won't send page by email or link by email via IE 8 under 'pages menu'

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chevysales

always worked with every other mail program in past versions of IE and outlook....

windows 7 professional 64 bit and clean installed.

clean system and up to date.

click on page>send page by email or the other choice send link by email and nothing happens. well something does happen ie becomes "non-responding" and i have to use task manager to shut it down.

both programs are completely up to date and outloo2007 is part of office professional 2007 and otherwise works fine.

any help appreciated.

i have already set it as default program but before i did i saw it already had all it's defaults anyhow.

G

Ganesh Kumar N

Are you able to send emails from other applications?

Try sending emails from word, excel, etc.. and check what happens.

You can also try sending emails from the windows explorer. Right click on a document and click send to and check if it works.

Ganesh Kumar N

C

chevysales

mail from outlook 2007 works from all office apps but will not work from ie8.

i have chosen it as default mail reader, etc. after unchoosing. that was one of the first things i tried.

when i double click my mouse gives me the little circle that spins forever like was intoruduced in vista.

i open task manager and see osa is running at that point. but ie8 is then frozen so i have to shut it down via task amanger. i have tried waiting up to 20 minutes with same results.

i can send it through windows explorer.

my only problem is through ie8 i cannot "send page by email" nor can i "send lin by email" a real pain as i have to copy and paste and open outlook myself.

it worked fine in vista ultimate 64 bit but will not work in a totally up todate w7 professional 64 bit. both office professional 2007 and w7 are up to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.