ExMon doesn't seem to work on Ex2010?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dial Tone

Hey all, just installed ExMon on my Ex2010 server. I must be doing something wrong though as there is no data showing up even after running it for a few minutes. I am sure I downloaded the version that states it works for Ex2010.
The Ex2010 box is part of a CAS array and a DAG. It's running on Win2008R2 Ent. It has UR3 installed.
The reg entries are there, I manually checked those.
I am using the following instructions: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb508855(EXCHG.65).aspx
I also tried the PerfMon method but the steps outlined in the technet article differ from the Win2008 version of PerfMon so I'm not sure which counter to add.
Not sure what else I'm missing? Any advice on what else to try?

D

Dial Tone

Yes, that is the version I am using. The instructions just point to the online version of the document. There are no errors. I can launch the tool just fine and it looks like it is collecting data as it does create ETL files. However, there is no data visible in the display as it collects data or when I open the ETL file manually.

S

Scott H. Robinson

Have you tried restarting the store after implementing the registry key change? There are other posts on the web about exmon not posting any data until a info store restart occurs after the registry change.

D

Dial Tone

Yes, I did see those other posts and I tried that as well. I restarted the Information Store post install but still no luck. I'm thinking at this point I am overlooking something really obvious or something in my setup is not allowing it to run properly.

T

Triton.Deep

http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/ExPerfwiz

Not exactly the same thing, but by far the best current tool for Exchange 2010 performance monitoring that I know of. Outstanding piece of work. Thought I'd share just in case it can help.

J.

Jason
If it was helpful, vote for it. If it answered your question, mark it as answered. Small thing to do for free help from a strong community :)

Status
Not open for further replies.