can't email a file (pdf, word, publisher) becasue the email program won't start

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

birdhuntervizsla

When I try to email a pdf, word or publusher document what comes up is "(Publisher or word if it is a publisher or word file) could not start the email program. Check your net work connection. Make sure Office is installed correctly, your email program is set up correctly and that you can connect to your email server"

I can send and receive email normally.

I have repaired and reinstalled Office professional 2003

I just can't select a file in my documents and email it to anywhere.

E

Ezil Vinoth

Do you use Outlook 2003 to send/receive emails?

If yes, did you set it as the default email client for Windows?

Try the following steps to set Outlook 2003 as default mail client and verify the status:

Method 1:

1. Click on start> Default Programs

2. Click on "Set your default programs"

3. Click on "Microsoft Outlook" and click "set this program as default"

4. Click on Ok and check with Outlook

Method 2:

1. Open Outlook

2. Click on Tools>Options> Other

4. Check 'Make Outlook the default program"

5. Click OK, close and restart Outlook and check

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J When I send a pdf file to outlook it goes to the junk email and then I cannot open PDF because it converts to a word document. I have acrobat on my co Using Outlook 3
R Sending email copy (*.msg file) of sent email if subject line contains specific string. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Prompt asking the user to send email to folder as *.msg file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Attach Current File to a new Email Using Outlook 0
T Saving all email to file folder in Windows Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky Save Selected Email Message as .msg File New Slipstick.com Articles 11
M creating email from contact file = 3 emails in To field Using Outlook 3
I Random Chinese characters in email copied from a pst file. Exchange Server 2016 Public Folder Exchange Server Administration 1
N Automatically file email messages Using Outlook 2
S Is it possible to recover a permanently deleted email from my .OST file? Using Outlook 0
I Save selected email message as .msg file (with user to choose folder location) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 14
E Getting IMAP email into existing pst file Using Outlook 6
PSittner Email Reminders From Excel File Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
H Macro to file Outlook email by sender's email address Using Outlook 11
R Body of email not visible in Outlook Data File Sent Folder Using Outlook 4
evdbogaard How can I use data from a xml file in an email message? Using Outlook 0
J Attach file and send email Using Outlook 10
L Data file not associated with an email account and can't be deleted Using Outlook 15
T How To Delete AN Email Acoount Without Losing The Data File? Using Outlook 1
2 Create an email brochure - oft file? Using Outlook 3
L Outgoing Email attachment error "the system cannot find the file specified" Using Outlook 3
B Question: Boogered email/data file accounts Using Outlook 5
P Error message of "Cannot open your default email-folders Errors have been detected in the File U:\Ou Using Outlook 2
R When attaching XLS file to email, it switches to Excel (if already opened) instead of attaching the file Using Outlook 2
S When creating new email, i come to the "File pane". Using Outlook 1
N Cannot paste image in the body of an email, it will only attach it as a file. Using Outlook 4
A Outlook 2010- Viewing HTML email opens File Download dialogs Using Outlook 2
R Unable to attach a large file to an email Using Outlook 1
L I transfer outlook.pst file to my new vista pc, from vista laptop, but Email rules do not work, what's the solution? Using Outlook 2
P Want to keep original .pst file as main email file after upgrading to Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
S I've made a .pst file, and imported my old file into it, how do I add an email address? Using Outlook 16
C email file size and movement Using Outlook 2
K email attachment and file extensions garbled Using Outlook 1
A When I try to open a link in an email, an 'open file' dialogue box appears Using Outlook 4
C Outlook crashes when I recieve an email with embedded bmp file Using Outlook 2
M email folder not an offline file Using Outlook 1
S "File Download" Dialog open every time I click on an email to read it. Using Outlook 8
T "The Operation Failed" When opening file attachments on an email. Using Outlook 1
A Email error message:outlook data file cannot be accessed Using Outlook 1
P Copy one group file in my email contacts. Using Outlook 2
M Trying to send 68MB file to a printers - send/rec says complete but email still in outbox and says cannot open as outlook has begun transmitting the m Using Outlook 4
O How to include the email time received in the exported excel file (outlook 2007)? Using Outlook 2
M Saved email in .html format is creating a seperate folder, in addition to the file Using Outlook 3
R cannot open your default email folders. The file C:\Users\ROBERT\AppData\Local\Micrsoft\Outlook\Roberto Cortes.ost is not an Outlook data file (.ost). Using Outlook 1
M email is locked up trying to send a huge file Using Outlook 1
D Delete email from outbox, error message ' this file cannot be deleted because it has been moved or you have been denied access.' Using Outlook 1
J Outlook crashes when attaching a file to an outgoing email Using Outlook 4
M Save incoming Email as .html file with name of subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
R Saving Outlook Email As Text File Extract Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
H Program email save as text file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5