Outlook 2007: Cant read SOME of PARTS of email, when email is a Form Response from a website (IE html emails)

• Thread starter AlGuevara
  • Start date Views 796
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AlGuevara

I have Ol 2007 Ulitmate, on Vista Sp2

I have a form on my website that is emailed to me several times a day. I have two computers, that BOTH receive said emails via diff e-addresses.

On one computer, PARTS of the email containing said form, the FORM FIELDS, are EMPTY or invisible, on the other puter its always A-OK. Note: a Ctrl-A on bad puter email doesn't unhide fonts) So I cant see the FONTS, in the form fields on bad puter.

Even when I FORWARD said email from GOOD PUTER, to bad, again I cant see the FORM FIELDS, on bad puter.

So its pretty obvious that Outlook 07/IE, on bad puter, is the issue.

In olde vers of Office, when a default templates got corrupt or ruined by the user, a simple deletion of said template forced office to re-make a new one upon re-opening Office. So Im wondering it that the case with Outlook? IE Is there a template fro RECEIVING email that can be deleted? My OL's are setup to send html, and recieve html emails.

Other steps taken:

I disabled my Antivir completely, my MS Defender completely, and I relaxed ALL sec settings, in OL and IE, then rebooted, and I have the same problem.

There werent any Office or Vista update to be had, and I had just did a java update to 1.6.0.20 today also, then rebooted.

Thanks for your help everyone!

Al Guevara

S

Sue Mosher - Outlook MVP

That's a very odd set of results, given that Outlook 2007 doesn't support form fields in HTML messages at all. It makes me wonder if the good computer doesn't have Outlook 2003 or another earlier version. If you need to see form fields, the thing to try is to open the message and use the Other Actions | View in Browser command.

A

AlGuevara

Hi Sue

You are correct, I dont see the actual form fields. But its the DATA from those form fields I dont see.

On one box I see form field data, on the other box I dont see the form field data.

They are both Office 2007 UL Sue

Thank you for trying though.

Al

Al Guevara

S

Sue Mosher - Outlook MVP

Did you try the View in Browser command? Are they both getting mail from the same account? What's the source code for the HTML that's not working right?

A

AlGuevara

>>Did you try the "View in Browser" command?

I did try "View in Browser " and it showed just fine. So its in the code for sure, but just not viewable in the normal email previews pane.

>> Are they both getting mail from the same account?

yes

>> What's the source code for the HTML that's not working right?

Dont know, but I think the "View in Browser" eliiminates a coding issue at the website.

Al thing point to this one install of OL.

Thanks

Al Guevara

S

Sue Mosher - Outlook MVP

I can't explain why you're getting different results on the two machines, but the one that is doing less sounds like the one where everything is working as designed: Outlook 2007 cannot display some HTML content; that content that can only be seen when the item is viewed in a browser.

The only other thing I can suggest is to compare the HTML source of the messages on the two machines, just in case one is receiving through an account that does funny stuff with message bodies.

A

AlGuevara

Thank you Sue for tryinh to help me!

Are there other MS forums I can ask at that you know of?

Al Guevara

Al Guevara

A

AlGuevara

About those " default templates" Sue.. Does Outlook use any templates like WORD does? They are usually in the 1033 folders?

If Outlook has some INCOMING email templates, like WORD has default template files (.dot) then maybe if I delete em, this can fix my issue. I know it wouldnt make any sense to have a INCOMING templates, but there must be many OUTGOING template(s) I can delete?

Usually in C:\Documents and Settings\al\Application Data\Microsoft\Office

Thanks

Al Guevara

S

Sue Mosher - Outlook MVP

About those " default templates" Sue.. Does Outlook use any templates like WORD does? They are usually in the 1033 folders?

Outlook uses the NormalEmail.dotm file as its template, but I've never heard of it producing behavior like yours.

A

AlGuevara

Where does it reside Sue? And if deleted, Does OL recreate it, like WORD recreates the Normal.dot file?
Al Guevara

S

Sue Mosher - Outlook MVP

It's in the user's Templates folder, %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates, and is created automatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.