Re: Sync my Hotmail account on both my desktop and laptop using Outlook and Outlook Connector

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

Ying Tam

It is inconsistent. Sometimes the number of emails is different on my laptop and my desktop. If it does sync, it takes a long time.

Y

Ying Tam

I was using Outlook 2003 on the laptop and Outlook 2007 on the desktop. I thought that might be the problem so I recently had the laptop upgraded to Outlook 2007. I am using Outlook Connector 14.0.4760.1000 on the laptop and Outlook Connector 12.0.6423.1000 on the desktop.

Eventually the two mail files do sync up. I have never timed it but it seems that on occasion it might have taken a couple of hours. And doing a send/receive does not force a sync. If I delete the Hotmail account and then re-install it, it seems to take a fresh copy of the inbox and it is current and in sync, but it does not make sense to do that regularly.

Y

Ying Tam

Does anybody have an answer to this. Does Microsoft Support monitor these posts? I cannot explain why there would be three different versions of my inbox. There seems to be a real problem with Outlook Connector and an issue with quality control.

Status
Not open for further replies.