Maximum database limit is 5 for Enterprise edition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

karen4321

I have two Exchange 2010 (v14.00.0639.021) mailbox servers that are in a DAG and are both running Windows 2008 R2 x64 Enterprise. Using PowerShell on my first mailbox server that has all 8 active databases, when I execute the "Add-MailboxdatabaseCopy" command (e.g. Add-MailboxDatabaseCopy –Identity db3 –MailboxServer LargeMbox2 –ActivationPreference 2 –SeedingPostponed) to add the 8 database copies to my second mailbox server, I get an error saying my second mailbox server “ has reached the maximum database limit of 5” when I try to add the 6th database copy. I thought the limit of 5 database copies per server was only for Windows Standard edition- and I have Windows Enterprise? Note that both of my mailbox servers only have that one mailbox role (no other Exchange roles on them). Note that I was able to add the 5 database copies and start seeding them as well (using the Update-MailboxDatabaseCopy command in PowerShell). I was trying to add the 6th database copy while the seeding was still happening.

Below is the actual error I got in Exchange PowerShell:

Server "LARGEMBOX2" has reached the maximum database limit of 5.

+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (db51:ADObjectId) [Add-MailboxDatabaseCopy], RcrExceedDbLimitException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : B84BF0A0,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.SystemConfigurationTasks.AddMailboxDatabaseCopy

N

Neil Hobson [MVP]

You say you have Windows Enterprise, but what about the version of Exchange? Is that Enterprise or Standard? Exchange 2010 Standard is limited to 5 databases, Exchange 2010 Enterprise is limited to 100. So check your Exchange version.

"karen4321" wrote in message news:8cb0b562-b5ba-4521-be9d-33e23e4a66dc@communitybridge.codeplex .com...

I have two Exchange 2010 (v14.00.0639.021) mailbox servers that are in a DAG and are both running Windows 2008 R2 x64 Enterprise. Using PowerShell on my first mailbox server that has all 8 active databases, when I execute the "Add-MailboxdatabaseCopy" command (e.g. Add-MailboxDatabaseCopy �??Identity db3 �??MailboxServer LargeMbox2 �??ActivationPreference 2 �??SeedingPostponed) to add the 8 database copies to my second mailbox server, I get an error saying my second mailbox server �?? has reached the maximum database limit of 5�?� when I try to add the 6th database copy. I thought the limit of 5 database copies per server was only for Windows Standard edition- and I have Windows Enterprise? Note that both of my mailbox servers only have that one mailbox role (no other Exchange roles on them). Note that I was able to add the 5 database copies and start seeding them as well (using the Update-MailboxDatabaseCopy command in PowerShell). I was trying to add the 6th database copy while the seeding was still happening.

Below is the actual error I got in Exchange PowerShell:

Server "LARGEMBOX2" has reached the maximum database limit of 5.

+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (db51:ADObjectId) [Add-MailboxDatabaseCopy], RcrExceedDbLimitException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : B84BF0A0,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.SystemConfigurationTasks.AddMailbo xDatabaseCopy
Neil Hobson, Exchange MVP

M

MTNG

Just to ensure and for your reference.

Window licensing and Exchange licensing is not the same.

http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/2010/en/us/licensing.aspx

Exchange Server 2010 Standard Server 1-5 Mailbox Databases

Exchange Server 2010 Enterprise Server 6-100 Mailbox Databases

MT | MCITP ----- Please vote helpful or mark as answer if it's answered your question, this help us follow up the question status.

G

Gulab Mallah

As Neil said, you should have exchange 2010 enterprise edition which has 100 DB limit. If you have standard edition and if you want to upgrade it to enterprise than enter the enterprise key and restart MS Exchange Information store service.

-Gulab

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M BCM in Outlook reports maximum database size to 4GB despite SQL Server 2008 R2 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
K Maximum Categorize Shortcuts In Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 1
King Mustard Maximum Categorize shortcuts in Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 1
neobite Maximum number of Exchange accounts in an Outlook profile Using Outlook 4
P PST reached maximum size- cant delete emails to slim it down Using Outlook 5
Z Outlook 2003 file has reached it's maximum size Using Outlook 7
N What is the recommended maximum amount of PSTs loaded for a user in Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 2
C IS there a maximum limit for attachments for outlook 2007 to send. I tried 9MB and it just set there. Using Outlook 1
A Mapi session exceeded the maximum of 32 objects of type "session". Using Outlook 6
F My pst files have reached their maximum. Using Outlook 4
R Maximum File Size Reached in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
S Outlook: maximum number of delegates Using Outlook 2
M Error: This mailbox exceeded the maximum number of corrupted items that were specified for this move Exchange Server Administration 9
W This message exceeds the maximum message size allowed Exchange Server Administration 4
A Outlook.pst has reached its maximum size Using Outlook 4
M Error 9646 with exceeded maximum of objects Exchange Server Administration 3
C length of the property is too long the maximum length is 64 Exchange Server Administration 4
R unlocking pre-2003 outlook.pst file that has reached its maximum Using Outlook 1
C Outlook 2010 - maximum incoming attachment size Using Outlook 3
T Maximum number of email signatures in Outlook Using Outlook 1
R Subject '', Account: 'patterson', Server: 'smtp.east.cox.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '552 5.2.3 DATA size exceeds maximum permitted', Port: Using Outlook 2
M 1. Split large videos or images into small chunks to send an email using Outlook 2007.__2. Maximum i Using Outlook 3
I Re: PST has reached its maximum size. It will not allow me to delete files. Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Error: 5102. Server. Maximum request length exceeded Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
T "552 Message size exceeds maximum permitted" - Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 5
L Exchange 2010 Standard Maximum DB Limits Exchange Server Administration 10
D Set-Mailbox 'The number of subfilters exceeds maximum allowed number of 100' Exchange Server Administration 8
J No access to a Database BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
G Windows Update Causes BCM Database Access Problem? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
T Lost access to remote BCM database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
L Cannot Connect to BCM database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 9
A Cannot connect to BCM database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
Diane Poremsky Restoring BCM Database After Upgrading Windows New Slipstick.com Articles 0
wallisellener "The database name cannot exceed 50 characters" BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
S Encrypting Exchange Database Exchange Server Administration 0
R Outlook Database to a non-Outlook PC Using Outlook 10
M Modifying BCM Database using Access BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
crazyboy Copying BCM database from backed up mounted image to new drive BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
A use database in other office BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
K Recover/preserve space in database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
P Restoring old sbb database in existing one BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
J Install BCM Client without an local SQl Database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 6
M Sharing of BCM database across the internet BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
Chris Grew Sharing BCM Database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 6
M BCM remote database connection issue BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
S Updating the database based on received task Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J What exactly does the BCM Database tool actually do? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
J How do I get the database tool to recognize my data file? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
C Moving BCM Database to Server Share BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
D Open attached CSV, copy newdata and paste it to database CSV Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2