Prelicense vs Rights Policy Template Extended Policy 'Require a new use license every time content is consumed (disable client-side caching)'

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TDGomes

Hello,
I apologise beforehand but i am beginner in RMS administration...so i might be missing something.

Doesn't the Prelicense ( InternalLicensingEnabled ) mechanism bypass the 'Require a new use license every time content is consumed (disable client-side caching)' mechanism present in the Extended Policy tab of every Rights Policy Template?

Is there any way to enable IRM in OWA without the Prelicense mechanism? In an environment where licenses change alot..is there no way to enable IRM on OWA and make it verify the license every time content is consumed?

And if not, is there anyway to separate the behaviour of OWA and Outlook? Making OWA use the Prelicense mechanism and forcing Outlook to require a license only at the moment of content is consumption?

J

James-Luo

Q: Doesn't the Prelicense ( InternalLicensingEnabled ) mechanism bypass the 'Require a new use license every time content is consumed (disable client-side caching)' mechanism present in the Extended Policy tab of every Rights Policy Template?

No. Per my knowledge, recipient will send UL request for protected messages if you checked that option. Even pre-licensing agent has saved the UL into the message

Q: Is there any way to enable IRM in OWA without the Prelicense mechanism

No. Pre-licensing is required for IRM support on OWA

James Luo

Status
Not open for further replies.