RSS feeds & Outlook 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Agunat

I would like to use Outlook for my RSS feeds however it plays havoc with my "Unread Mail" folder. The folder may show 200 unread emails while in reality there are only 5 pieces of unread mail and the other 195 are really RSS feeds. Is there any way to have Outlook ignore RSS feeds when calculating the total of unread mail?

Thanks... Bob

S

Sue Mosher - Outlook MVP

Sure! Because Unread Mail is a "search folder," you can modify it to have it search only certain folders. Right-click it and choose Customize This Search folder, then click Browse and select just the folders you want to be search.

After you do that, you might then want to set up more search folders to help manage your RSS feeds, maybe by topic. In the list of folders, you should see Search Folders. Right-click that and choose New Search Folder.

A

Agunat

Thank you Sue. One more question if I could please. When I click one a particular RSS feed a new instance of Outlook is opened. Can I change this to stay within the one instancew of Outlook the same as it would when nagigating email folders?

Thanks in advance... Bob

A

Agunat

I guess I'm going crazy. It's not doing it now! I'll repost if it starts again.

Thanks... Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.