Do unlimited distribution lists created in Outlook 2007 SP2 work in OWA 2003?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanBru

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hello,

From Outlook 2007 SP2 onwards, personal distributions lists can have an unlimited number of members.

My question is if these lists will also work via OWA on Exchange 2003 please?

We're created lists with hundreds of members and they work fine in Outlook 2007. When you create such lists, you get a warning that they'll only be compatible with Outlook 2007 SP2 or later clients.

Thanks,

- Alan.

Cathy Rhone

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2010
Re: Do unlimited distribution lists created in Outlook 2007 SP2 work in OWA 20

I think so (but you should test one to be sure). Didn't they always work with OWA? I thought the limitation was with Outlook's Extended MAPI, not anything on Exchange.

Cathy Rhone

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2010

Actually, according to this KB Article, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/238569, the limitation is on the server, so it might be in OWA too. You'll need to test it with a large DL. (I would, but we don't have any DL's that come close to the limit.)

AlanBru

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server

Thanks again. Just wanted to check that it wasn't an obvious no-no. Will try it out on my test system. The limitation was cleint side all right, but that's not to say that the OWA client didn't have it either. The documentation on this is pretty light or not upto date, even for Outlook 2007.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M How can we find the list of users who are members of a deleted distribution list? Exchange Server Administration 2
Healy Consultants Macro to remove inside organization distribution list email address when reply to all recepients Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Auto expand Distribution List Before Sending Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Distribution lists Using Outlook 1
M Question about nested distribution lists Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
G Bcc help - Preventing multiple forwards from a bcc'd distribution group Using Outlook 1
A Are categories still recommended for creating local distribution lists? Using Outlook 3
Diane Poremsky Using Categories for Dynamic Distribution Lists New Slipstick.com Articles 0
N Recurring invite sent w/distribution list adding/removing attendees Using Outlook 0
D Macro to scan email distribution list when replying Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky Find the Distribution Lists a Contact Belongs to New Slipstick.com Articles 0
T Missing sub-contact folders (distribution lists) Using Outlook 3
J Maintain Distribution List Using Outlook 3
S Finding Distribution List Name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J Outlook 2013 - Exchange 2007 manage distribution group Exchange Server Administration 1
K Rule for Distribution List Using Outlook 0
M add contacts to shared contacts distribution list Using Outlook 1
M Nested distribution lists: how to count UNIQUE # of people... Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 13
M VBA script to allow mail merges of distribution groups? Using Outlook 7
E Add sender to distribution list? Using Outlook 3
B Restore deleted contact distribution list Using Outlook 1
L Convert Distribution List of Contacts to Single Contacts Using Outlook 6
C Office 2007 Distribution Lists Using Outlook 1
W Combine Mail Merge to Distribution List with Auto Attachments - Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
Jennifer Murphy Distribution list fails after conversion to Unicode PST Using Outlook 2
C Can't import distribution list - help, please Using Outlook 1
M Distribution List with hundreds of emails Using Outlook 1
L Individual E-mails from Distribution List Using Outlook 5
M Import distribution list into MS Exchange Sharepoint Exchange Server Administration 3
G Distribution Group Owners Cannot Add/Delete Members Using Outlook 1
G Distribution Group administration Using Outlook 1
A Why doesn't distribution lists update automatically Using Outlook 3
L Send E-mail with VBA code from [E-mail Distribution Group] if I have “Send as” Using Outlook 6
T Distribution List - Export/Import Using Outlook 4
K Creating a New Distribution List from an Existing one Using Outlook 0
C How do I hide distribution list from global contacts for certain users? Exchange Server Administration 1
A Lock the distribution list Using Outlook 1
L Sending from a distribution list email Using Outlook 6
K outlook 2007 Export/Import Distribution lists Using Outlook 1
J Automatically CC to another user when sending from Distribution List Using Outlook 2
K Autocomplete list not saving distribution list Using Outlook 3
N Personal Distribution Lists Using Outlook 0
M Distribution List problem Using Outlook 1
C Error message when trying to send email using a distribution list Using Outlook 2
T How do I set up a new contact folder to save email addresses for distribution list? Using Outlook 2
S Import into a Distribution List Using Outlook 1
2 Adding to a Distribution List in the Address Book Using Outlook 1
T outlook 2010 'not enough memory avaliable to perform the operation' with distribution lists Using Outlook 0
R Local email sent to distribution group goes to poison queue Exchange Server Administration 4
T limit distribution list Exchange Server Administration 5