Can I view an Outlook resource as a calendar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Steve Gro

Hi,

We're using Exchange Server 2007 with a variety of Outlook clients from XP to 2010. We have set up a Meeting Room as a resource. This is working fine when people book meetings. However, how can I view the Meeting Room's bookings without creating an appointment? Is it possible to open the Meeting Room's calendar folder?

Thanks,
Steve

S

Steve Gro

Hi,

I did try that before I asked the question. However, it turns out that I couldn't do it because of incorrect permissions! I've now changed the permissions, and I can open the calendar. Thanks for your help.

I can now see that I'm going to be asked for a lot of permissions so that people can create meetings this way, instead of direct booking, which is what we've encouraged in the past.

Regards,

Steve

P

PeopleCube

Hi Steve,

Often times people use Microsoft Outlook to book resources. The problem is this can lead to double bookings and can cause scheduling problems. You can integrate Resource Scheduler with Microsoft Outlook, to avoid these double bookings. You'll be able to see the Meeting Room or resource that you are trying to book and who has it scheduled and when. Here is a link that goes into more detail.Resource Scheduler

Thanks

John Anderson

Status
Not open for further replies.