Facebook Social Connector only works some of the time on Outlook 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cquinn123

Sometimes the Facebook social connector works and sometimes it does not. I have 3 people so far that are on both linkedIn and Facebook. The linkedIn account shows up for them but the facebook account info does not. I know the Facebook connector is working because it works for lots of other people. I know that the 3 friends I am having the problem with do not have high security settings on their FB accounts.

Is there any place in the Contact settings for my friends where I can force it to recognize their FB accounts?

C

cquinn123

That's what I thought so I made sure I have all of their email addresses listed in their outlook profile. Still doesn't pick them up?

S

Stefan Krueger [MVP]

It looks like the social connector only uses the first e-mail address that's listed in the outlook contact. If their LinkedIn or Facebook e-mail address matches a contact's second or third e-mail address in the outlook address book, the connector doesn't recognize it. At löeast this seems to be the case for me. Is there a workaround?

Often peole use a secondary e-mail address (like someone@hotmail.com) in social networks instead of their primary address (likesomeone@company.com) but I don't want to switch the order in Outlook because I usually send e-mail to their primary address. Also some people use different e-mail address for Facebook and LinkedIn which makes it impossible to connect to both profiles.

Stefan Krueger, Microsoft MVP - Windows Installer, www.InstallSite.org

B

Brian Richards

It's definitely a problem for me too. And it's not just the order of the emails. Moving their facebook email to email #1 in the contact makes no difference. Deleting the contact and recreating it also makes no difference. Creating a whole new Outlook profile makes no difference. It's completely inconsistent.

And it's frustrating because, of course, it is affecting the several contacts whose status info I most want to have show up!!!

Edit, also uninstalling and reinstalling the fb connector makes no difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
iwshim Outlook Social Connector for Facebook - updates? work arounds? Using Outlook 1
I Outlook Social Connector error with Facebook Using Outlook 1
P Facebook showing as a contact in Outlook 2010 social connector - facebook messages do not include sender's profile. Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 2010 Social Connector for facebook, new facebook login name Using Outlook 2
N Outlook 2010 Facebook and windows live messenger social connector not working Using Outlook 1
P Outlook 2007 and Outlook Social Connector for Facebook and LinkedIn Using Outlook 2
K Outlook Social Connector for LinkedIn and MySpace working great... additional connectors: Facebook and Windows Live Messenger will not install. Get me Using Outlook 1
R Outlook Social connector for Facebook not importing all friends... Using Outlook 1
D Social Connector pictures when using both Facebook and LinkedIn Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Facebook and Live Providers for Social Connector Using Outlook 2
J Outlook social connector for facebook -- 'my contacts' contact list not being built Using Outlook 5
K Invalid Username and Password in Facebook Social Network Setup Using Outlook 4
V In Social Connectors in Outlook 2010, Facebook is not given as an option__ Using Outlook 2
S "Could not connect to server" error when connecting to Facebook and Linked In Social Network connect Using Outlook 3
S FaceBook not showing as file under My Contacts after installing from Social Network Accounts. Using Outlook 1
E Dual Facebook Accounts and Outlook 2007 Social Network Accounts Using Outlook 1
A Social Networks Feature (i.e. Facebook) Using Outlook 1
W Outlook WAS facebook but there is no info for old accounts Using Outlook 0
R How to delete Facebook Contacts folder in Outlook 365 Using Outlook 7
Rupert Dragwater Facebook notifications marked as Norton Antispam Using Outlook 6
Commodore First LinkedIn, now Facebook... Using Outlook 3
D Must now "View on Facebook" for Mentions/Comments-Outlook 2013 click-to-run Using Outlook 2
D Text Of Facebook Status Updates & Posted Photos NOT Showing In Emails Using Outlook 3
F Outlook 2013 and Facebook Using Outlook 2
Commodore Difference between Facebook entries in browser vs. people pane Using Outlook 2
D Particular Facebook "Hyperlink" Issue In Office 2010 Outlook (32 bit) Using Outlook 5
L Someone on facebook hacked my Outlook Express 2007 password and changed it. Help Using Outlook 2
C Get "The installation of this package failed" errmsg when Installing Facebook Connector. Using Outlook 2
D Install of facebook connector OSCFB-x86-en-us.exe fails Using Outlook 3
H facebook connector not working with Outlook Using Outlook 1
U Trying to connect the Facebook connector to Outlook 2010 fails Using Outlook 6
S Can I download information like Birthdays from Facebook? Using Outlook 1
B Outlook informs me that my Facebook username or password is incorrect. Using Outlook 2
Commodore Outlook 2007 stops fetching Facebook updates Using Outlook 5
S Adding Facebook Icon w/ hyperlink to Signature Using Outlook 1
P When I try to open facebook or linkden in socail connector it will not accept my user name or password Using Outlook 1
O FaceBook Notifications Using Outlook 2
M Trying to set up facebook through Outlook Using Outlook 1
R Facebook integration with outlook Using Outlook 1
D outlook people pane, How to set somone's main facebook address ? Using Outlook 1
C stop facebook? Using Outlook 16
T Can't facebook connector connect to existing friends? Using Outlook 4
witzker social connector 2010 does not show all emails to or from contact Using Outlook 3
witzker social connector 2010 does not show all emails to or from contact New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky Outlook's Social Connector New Slipstick.com Articles 1
Diane Poremsky Goodbye, SharePoint Social Connector New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky Change the Social Connector Account New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky LinkedIn Social Connector Provider: Going Away New Slipstick.com Articles 1
P Social connector not working with LinkedIn? Using Outlook 1
Richer Fortin Control parameters in Social connectors Using Outlook 1